Lead Logistics Specialist
- Job Title
- Lead Logistics Specialist
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI 48242
- Other Location
Lead Logistics Specialist / Warehouse / Driver
Full time permanent $15.25 per hour!
At Bradford Airport Logistics, we’re focused exclusively on airport logistics within the global aviation industry. We’re absolute experts and since 2000 we’ve set the standard of excellence and innovation worldwide. We’re hiring a Lead Logistics Specialist in our Detroit Metro Airport warehouse location.
The Lead Logistics Specialist / Warehouse / Driver directs and coordinates all activities of receiving and distribution and will work closely with the Facility Manager and assumes the role of acting supervisor as necessary. The work schedule will require flexibility and will include weekend work. This is an excellent developmental position and may have open and closing responsibilities. The successful individual must have a high degree of integrity, unquestionable ethics, and excellent reliability. Communicating well with airport tenants and stakeholders is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Opens and closes the facility as required.
- Executes operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise, and keeping of warehouse inventory.
- Assigns workers to specific duties, verifies material volumes, and assembles customer orders for delivery.
- Directs warehouse and/or terminal operations teams.
- Manages and inspects warehouse facility and equipment in order to maintain care, custody and proper utilization according to established procedures.
- Measure, provide feedback, and monitor continuous improvement to improve field operations as well as receipt and management of materials, safety, delivery, and customer service.
- Creates and plans the pickup and delivery schedules for drivers.
- Investigates customers' complaints involving such matters as damaged items, overcharges, and delay in shipment, and makes necessary adjustments according to established procedures.
- Examines items to be moved, ascertain approximate weights, configurations and characteristics to determine the type and method of material handling/delivery required in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures accurate and timely input of data into system to ensure data integrity.
- Participates in planning personnel safety and facility protection activities; conducts accident investigations as necessary.
- Ensures the security of facility, product, employees and customers at all times.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product delivery.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, ensuring excellent service to our customers.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience in a warehouse environment
- Valid Driver’s License to operate Box Truck and Cargo Van
- Ability to lead the Logistics Specialist team in the completion of all duties
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrates initiative
- Positive, problem solving approach
- Customer service focused
- Excellent communication skills with customers, airport stakeholders, and team members
- Ability to occasionally and repetitively lift up to 70 pounds
- Ability to pass a security background check for mandatory airport badging
What’s in it for you?
Bradford Airport Logistics offers a competitive salary. In addition, we offer a professional development plan that positions employees for success in an industry-leading company. We also offer an unprecedented benefits package including:
- Employer-paid health insurance (excellent UHC $1,500 deductible covered)
- 401K with employer contribution
- Paid holidays, sick days and vacation
For those ready to take their career to the next level in the exciting aviation industry, please apply today!
*All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen, airport background check and clean driving record review.