Field Technician (Night Shift)
- Job Title
- Field Technician (Night Shift)
- Job ID
- Lincoln, NE 68528
- Other Location
Shift your career into high gear with NMC. As Nebraska’s CAT dealer, NMC has been serving its loyal Caterpillar customer base for over 80 years. Our Technicians are the cornerstone of our business and key to ensuring that our customers’ machines are back up and running.
This position will work as much as 60 hours per week Monday thru Friday overnights at a customer mine site in Weeping Water, NE. You’ll be equipped with a company service truck out of our Lincoln, NE facility. You’ll spend most of your time handling minor equipment repairs in the mine (e.g. fluid leaks, wiring issues, lights, etc.). You’ll also work at the customer’s shop in-between fixes. This position is eligible for both shift-differential and mine-differential pay, subject to change depending on work requirements. There’s also relocation assistance available if needed. The successful applicant must have (or acquire within 30 days of hire) MSHA & DOT certifications. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable working independently and has strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Complete diagnostics, troubleshooting, and appropriate repairs and rebuilds on Caterpillar and non-Caterpillar equipment at offsite customer location.
- Reference and interpret service, parts, and diagnostic software to determine problems/malfunctions and to verify repair specifications and parts needed.
- Meets time requirement guidelines (TRG) standards. Escalate unresolved issues to Technical Communicators for further research and assistance.
- Accomplish repair by following parts ordering process, completing service reports, and providing appropriate verbal or written communication in email or service reports.
- We are interested in knowing the nuts and bolts of who you are as a technician, so tell us about your proud moments and accomplishments that got you to where you are today.
- Tell us about the various equipment and systems that you have been troubleshooting.
- We prefer candidates who have been exposed to a variety of systems and components such as hydraulic and electrical systems, diesel engines, fuel systems, and other related components.
*If you have any questions prior to applying, please reach out to our Recruiting team at email@example.com or 402-891-7555.
- Medical (and FSA/HSA plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
- Paid Military Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Safety Glasses and Boot Program
At NMC, we will provide you with a different set of tools to help you advance your career:
- The People/Culture: You can expect to work with helpful, friendly and collaborative teammates. Our technicians drive our business and they operate in a trusting and flexible environment.
- Flexibility: At the end of the day, our home and families are what is most important. Our managers offer flexibility so you never have to worry about choosing between work and family.
- Challenge/Opportunity: This is not a production environment. You will find new challenges and a variety of tasks every day. You get to choose your path and how you would like to grow.
- Brand: Our employees take pride in representing the #1 brand in construction equipment. Caterpillar has been rooted in our blood since we were children.
To see more about the NMC difference, watch the video below:
As a Nebraska-based company with more than 80 years in the equipment industry, NMC is focused on providing a comprehensive line of capital equipment solutions to the many industries we serve. Our employees enjoy a relaxed culture with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and an inspiring culture. The NMC team is focused on enabling our customers’ success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative equipment solutions with a specialization in Caterpillar construction equipment, power generation, material handling, rental equipment, and total truck service. NMC takes pride in cultivating strong relationships with our customers and our talented professionals; these connections cultivate growth and success and they are truly the strength of NMC.
Our Values: Integrity, Relationships, Entrepreneurship, Excellence, Stewardship
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions. NMC Group, Inc. shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.