Account Sales Representative- Southern California
- Job Title
- Account Sales Representative- Southern California
- Job ID
- Los Angeles, CA
- Other Location
- San Diego
Account Sales Representative – Southern California
Job Title: Account Sales Representative – Southern California
Department: Channel Sales (Retail & eCommerce)
Manager: Director, Channel Sales (Retail & eCommerce)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Remote within Territory
The Account Sales Representative – Southern California will be responsible for calling on and coordinating sales efforts in select big box home improvement retail stores within an assigned territory. The primary purpose of this role is to achieve sales goals through store level relationship development, dedicated onsite support and training, and outstanding customer service.
The Account Sales Representative – Southern California will promote the Fortress Building Products portfolio of products and provide training to store associates in areas such as product knowledge and selling, technical information, installation, and order placement Additionally, this position will be responsible for merchandising our products in-store, ensuring the Fortress Building Products’ brand image is upheld, and executing marketing and sales promotional initiatives. This role will focus on calling on Home Depot & Lowe’s Pro Deck/Pro Sales personnel in the Building Materials/Lumber area of the stores with-in a defined geography. The initial geography will consist of the state of California, with further expansion expected going forward. In addition to in store sales calls to fulfill the above stated responsibilities, there will be inside sales work via phone to stores to support sales growth as the geography expands. This position will be based out of a home office and require regular travel within the assigned territory
OUR PURPOSE STATEMENT
Lead Global Change in the Way People Build and Live
Innovative Building Solutions
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a high energy/high caliber working knowledge of the FBP portfolio of products.
- Meet or exceed sales and budget goals on a monthly basis.
- Conduct 3-5 store visits per day dependent on territory size/geography.
- Conduct effective training sessions for store associates in areas such as product knowledge and selling, technical information, installation, and order placement.
- Know and support all company merchandise presentation policies and ensure the integrity of the FBP brand is upheld and consistent across store locations.
- Execute in-store merchandising of our products to ensure attractive sales floor displays, full down-stocking of products from overhead, and accurate signage and plan-o-gram layouts.
- Connect with targeted stores beyond core geographic territory via phone to drive additional sales.
- Direct stores to Fortress authorized Retail/eCom distributor partners to facilitate sales.
- Train distributor sales personnel on our products to amplify and extend Fortress brand sales/leadership in the categories we compete in.
- Analyze store sales and inventory to ensure best overall product mix and levels are maintained. Seek opportunities for additional product representation.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with all levels of store management as well as in-aisle and pro desk associates at each location.
- Respond to inquiries and resolve customer issues regarding orders, shipments, products, installation, pricing, and products.
- Communicate any variations or schedule delays in customer orders in a timely manner. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to expedite orders as needed.
- Act as the liaison between the customer and the company by addressing customer issues and solving customer problems in a professional and empathetic manner.
- As the market expert, conduct and report competitive market analysis, competitive intelligence, and other sales-related information for the territory.
- Complete and submit a Weekly Sales Activity Report.
- Provide accurate and timely updates to CRM system.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Attention to Detail – Demonstrates thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; carefully monitors the details of own and others’ work to ensure accuracy and quality; plans and organizes time and resources efficiently; completes all work according to procedures and standards.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Business Ethics – Treats people with respect; keep commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation– Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Customer Focus– Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints; responds promptly to customer needs; seeks to find out more about customers and provide a better product or service; adopts professional approach to customers; is reliable and delivers on promises.
Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility to own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Planning/ Organizing– Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Professionalism– Practices good hygiene and presents an appropriate professional appearance; understands how one is perceived by others; takes actions intended to have a position effect on others; makes a friendly impression on others by using good eye contact and using names whenever possible; develops and maintains positive working relationships and maintains a pleasant work attitude.
Sales Skills– Achieves sales goals; overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence; initiates new contracts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Technical Expertise – Effectively applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems; develops solutions to problems that cannot be solved using existing methods or approaches; is sought out to provide advice or solutions in the area of expertise; keeps informed about current developments in the area of expertise.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/ Experience/ Additional Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of practical customer service, inside sales, or small local outside sales experience
- Experience in the construction, home improvement, or building products industry preferred
- Ability to pro-actively develop and execute solutions that satisfy the needs of the customer and the business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer interfacing abilities with drive to positively influence others
- Willingness and ability to structure productive activity plans from a home office environment with little to no supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- CRM experience a plus
- Up to 60% overnight travel required
- Bilingual- English/Spanish a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in both a home office and retail sales floor environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required. Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.