- Job Title
- Solidworks Operator
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Job Title: Solidworks Operator
Manager: Innovations Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Garland, TX
Fortress Building Products is seeking a Solidworks Operator to join our Innovations team. The Solidworks Operator will work closely with innovations, product managers, and factories to provide detailed product drawings utilizing Solidworks. This role will follow established standards, formats, and procedures to create, update and modify drawings.
OUR PURPOSE STATEMENT
Lead Global Change in the Way People Build and Live
Innovative Building Solutions
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with Innovations Team, Product Managers and Factories to confirm drawing details.
- Create Solidworks parts, assemblies and detail drawings
- Maintain PDM data base to ensure that drawing changes and revisions are tracked and up to date.
- Follow established standards, format, and procedures to create, update and modify drawings; communicate requirements of standards and procedures to others.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Continuous Learning - Assess own strengths and weaknesses; Seeks feedback to improve performance; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Meets commitments.
Planning/Organizing -Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving -Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Teamwork -Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Give and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Use of Technology -Demonstrates required skills; Adapts to new technologies; Troubleshoots technological problems; Uses technology to increase productivity; Keeps technical skills up to date.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree in CAD, Drafting or design required.
- Proficient with SolidWorks software
- Solidworks PDM experience is a plus
- 2-4 years related work experience with Solidworks or working towards a certification in Solidworks
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Must have 2D or 3D modeling experience from work, school projects, or internships.
- Applies knowledge effectively in team environment
- Able to accept and integrate constructive feedback
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, detail oriented and communication skills.
- Requires ability to be self-motivated and work independently as well as in teams.
- Must be able to manage multiple activities, maintain organization, and operate in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong ability to pay close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.