Looking for a new career? Check out our latest job postings where you can join the CC Pace team and be in an environment where you’ll never get lost in the shuffle. Please click Submit Resume, once your resume has been submitted you can login to update your information at any time. Your resume submission will also give the CC Pace Recruiting Team the ability to contact you with new opportunities that are a great fit for your skillset!
Sr. Principal Cloud Architect
- Job Title
- Sr. Principal Cloud Architect
- Job ID
- Reston, VA 20191
- Other Location
Are you looking for the next exciting project opportunity with a great company? Our professional recruiting staff at CC Pace is here to support you in every step of the process! We have been in business for nearly four decades and have deep roots in the Washington DC metro area. Our direct client relationships with companies in a variety of industries and sizes help us to find the right opportunity for our candidates.
We offer competitive rates, healthcare & dental, 401k, FSA, LTD, lots of voluntary benefits, and tons of discount perks. Our team is standing by, ready to help you get started today!
• Must be authorized to work in the US.Sr. Principal Cloud Architect (15+ Years of Experience in Enterprise/Solution/Infrastructure Architecture, 8+ Years Leading Cloud Initiatives)
• Employer not providing work sponsorship currently
• Lead the evaluation and establishment of new cloud-based technology stacks and concepts of operation to replace existing data center tech stacks working across the architecture domains.
• Lead the evaluation, rationalization of existing tools (monitoring, systems management, operational, development, testing) tools to support the hybrid and multi-cloud environment. Lead the implementation of tools and processes to support the cloud across the enterprise.
• Lead cloud solution architectures for complex, highly visible business initiatives. Lead concept elaboration to support the integration of SaaS and PaaS solutions with legacy systems. Identify and develop reusable design patterns.
• Lead technical discussions with technical teams to develop transition roadmaps and architecture patterns to migrate legacy systems to cloud architectures.
• Lead technical discussions with internal customers and technical teams to understand business and technical requirements in order to develop and tailor cloud-based solutions.
• Lead the development of engineering and implementation patterns for highly capable, scalable, available, and elastic solutions that implement industry best practices using cloud services.
• Lead the development of patterns for secure implementations based on cloud and industry best practices.
• Develop roadmaps to implement enterprise capabilities to support standardized/reusable patterns for cloud and cloud integration.
• Define technical direction for system, technical, and application architectures, and modifications to support cloud adoption.
• Develop and maintain future state cloud architecture vision, architecture roadmaps, and transition roadmaps that meet the enterprise needs.
• Lead architectural discussions to establish and maintain alignment of architecture domains (e.g. application, data, security, etc.) with the Cloud Strategy
• Engage in business strategy development to identify new business capability and technology-driven opportunities and ensure alignment and prioritization of IT strategy.
• Define business and operating models to exploit new opportunities and realize strategic goals and objectives.
• Implement tools and processes to support cloud implementation reuse across the enterprise.
• Maintain an ongoing partnership with the business to apply in-depth knowledge of the business operations, strategies, priorities, and information requirements to establish the technical direction and an enterprise view.
• Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging technologies and industry trends to inform enterprise technology strategy and direction.
• Expert in leading multiple business-facing cloud implementation and transformation initiatives.
• Expert in leading cloud architecture efforts for new cloud-based technology stacks and concepts of operation to replace existing data center tech stacks with production ready cloud solutions using services from leading cloud service providers, such as Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure.
• Expert in leading the evaluation, rationalization of existing tools (monitoring, systems management, operational, development, testing) tools to support the hybrid and multi-cloud environment. Lead the implementation of tools and processes to support the cloud across the enterprise.
• Expert in defining reference architectures, design and integration patterns, and implementation standards for cloud systems.
• Expert in elaborating Cloud Strategy to develop comprehensive architecture and action plans for cloud implementation.
• Expert in building relationships between the customers and the team members.
• Expert in securing and instrumenting cloud systems to meet strict performance, security, audit, and compliance requirements.
• Proficient in cloud migration analysis to determine approach (rehost, revise, rearchitect, rebuild or replace), prioritization and sequencing.
• Proficient in Cloud Modeling and Infrastructure as Code (IaaC) tools such as Terraform and writing Infrastructure as Code, Cloud cost/capacity modeling techniques, and tools.
• Proficient in evaluating organization processes and tools, establishing/updating operational processes to ensure adherence to best practices, compliance, and security requirement in a cloud environment.
• Proficient in working with internal stakeholders to ensure requirements and business objectives are met.
• Proficient in provisioning AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud services. Cloud certification and Cloud security certification preferred.
• Proficient in Enterprise Architecture frameworks and methodologies. Experience with TOGAF preferred.
• Proficient in the following Software & Tools: MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook Excel, Visio
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. EEO IS THE LAW CCPace invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us .