Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Superintendent / Oversight Foreman (Paid Travel)
- Job Title
- Superintendent / Oversight Foreman (Paid Travel)
- Job ID
- Remote Position, GA
- Other Location
Position: Superintendent/ Oversight Foreman
Industry: Field Services
Locations: Atlanta, GA; Savannah, GA; Nashville, TN
Salary: $60,000 - $75,000 depending on Experience
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Superintendent/Oversight Foreman:
As a Superintendent/ Oversight Foreman you will provide supervision of all sub-contractor operations from safety to project execution. You are the key player in driving work to be completed in the allotted time frame. Responsible for documenting repairs to produce a work completion report. This role requires traveling to different client project sites within Georgia and the surrounding states. Travel is 5 days a week, all travel expenses are paid for and you would get an additional daily per diem.
- Manage stormwater and wet utility-related projects and repairs.
- Inspect, identify and assess stormwater-related deficiencies and compliance-driven repairs.
- Supervises work of others, including planning, assigning, and scheduling work, reviewing work and ensuring quality standards, training staff, and overseeing their productivity.
- Manage subcontractors/field personnel and assist with procuring pricing for necessary repairs.
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors and vendors
- Communicate with subcontractors on the scope of work during the proposal process.
- Direct sub-contractor on completion of the approved scope of work, to keep them on schedule and to adhere to the proposed budget.
- Travel throughout Georgia and surrounding states to project sites
- Ensure project work quality during all completion efforts throughout the project.
- Document project progress and provide daily updates to Project Management Team.
- Assist the Project Manager with scheduling project start dates.
- Procure necessary job materials.
- Identify and assist with resolving potential project-related complications.
- Promote and enforce all applicable safety rules and regulations.
- Adhere to client policies and procedures.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company vehicle, laptop, and phone provided.
- Part of a national program team.
- Year-round full-time work.
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 900+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- 3-5+ years’ experience with stormwater/drainage construction, concrete/asphalt paving experience, or wet utility work a must.
- 1-3+ years of experience in managing personnel on-site or sub-contractors.
- High School diploma or GED (required)
- Associates degree or vocational or technical school degree (Preferred, but not out weighted by experience)
- Proven ability to manage budgets and timelines, manage staff, provide subcontractor oversight, and ensure regulatory compliance.
- OSHA 10-hr and Confined Space Entry certifications are a plus.
- Construction certifications or inspection certifications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Deltek Vision is highly desired.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background and drug screen.
- Ability to travel extensively and out of town work.
- Thorough understanding of safe work practices in accordance with OSHA regulations
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant, Olivia, will get you connected with our hiring team today or visit http://www.workatapexcos.com.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.