Looking for a new career? Check out our latest job postings where you can join the CC Pace team and be in an environment where you’ll never get lost in the shuffle. Please click Submit Resume, once your resume has been submitted you can login to update your information at any time. Your resume submission will also give the CC Pace Recruiting Team the ability to contact you with new opportunities that are a great fit for your skillset!
- Job Title
- Principal Architect
- Job ID
- Reston, VA 20191
- Other Location
Are you looking for the next exciting project opportunity with a great company? Our professional recruiting staff at CC Pace is here to support you in every step of the process! We have been in business for nearly four decades and have deep roots in the Washington DC metro area. Our direct client relationships with companies in a variety of industries and sizes help us to find the right opportunity for our candidates.
We offer competitive rates, healthcare & dental, 401k, FSA, LTD, lots of voluntary benefits, and tons of discount perks. Our team is standing by, ready to help you get started today!
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
• Employer not providing work sponsorship currently
11- 15 Years Experience
• A BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience, and extensive knowledge in software development and application architecture experience, including with Enterprise Application Integration with Open System Portal technology, Java/JEE, and COTS tools and architecture design
• Proven strong technical architecture design background
• Deep knowledge of the Portal technology domain, including Liferay or similar Portal technology, operating systems software and platform, infrastructure, Message Query, data management, and database technologies
• Solid understanding of enterprise application integration (Enterprise Application Integration), and Workflow technology
• The architecture design experience of implementing complex business processes and applications using EAI! Workflow, Web Services, and Java/JEE framework
• Demonstrated experience with User Presentation Layer technology supporting B2B environments
• Demonstrated experience in monitoring, analyzing, and recommending solutions to performance problems in high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems and integration architectures
• Excellent communication and inter- person skillset
Must have Java 8+ development experience with the ability to develop unit/integration test cases using Junit /TestNg.
• Must have experience working with Websphere
• Must have the ability to understand and work with code developed by other developers.
• Must have experience with web services and understanding of RESTful / SOA Services, especially using Spring Boot
• Must have experience with batch applications (Spring Batch) and scheduling
• Must have extensive experience with Agile or Scrum methodologies.
• Must have strong experience in continuous integration within the DevOps environment (Jenkins, Sonar).
• Must have experience working with GIT/BitBucket.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (in English).
• Must have strong problem-solving skills to approach issues critically and from different perspectives.
• Must have the ability to work independently.
• Must be a team player that enjoys collaboration with others.
• Good to have experience working with API Management Tools.
• Good to have data integration/ETL development experience, preferably with Ab Initio and Big Data (HBase/Solr)
• Good to have experience working with Tomcat
• Healthcare Payer industry knowledge and experience
• Ability to work effectively with all internal and external stakeholders
• Self-starter and motivated
1. 40% Leads the effort to produce enterprise-level application architecture solutions and architecture designs for large to complicated integration applications. Leading the definition of enterprise-level strategies and technical directions by ensuring the definition of standards and procedures, understanding and championing industry best practices. Defines enterprise-level strategies and technical direction. Defines the system, technical, and application architectures, and in some instances the business systems architecture for major areas of development.
2. 30% Leads complex projects/issues that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Integrates existing infrastructure with new applications by selecting the technology that provides the best solution for business needs. Responsible for the design of applications based on business needs and integration.
3. 10% Partners with the engagement manager and business leadership in the definition of the enterprise-level architecture documents.
4. 20% Maintains knowledge of and apply industry best practices for architecture, participates in cross-functional component architecture teams, and develops future architecture and technology migration plans. Evaluates and selects from existing and emerging technologies the options best fitting business and IT strategic needs.
This will be accomplished by:
- Working within Scrum team of developers, testers, Scrum Master, and BAs to complete user stories
- Working on various types of frontend/backend functionality to support functional enhancements, POCs, and analysis
- Develop, test, and deploy code according to standards and best practices
- Participating in Agile and Scrum ceremonies and processes
- Participating in Developer code reviews