- Job Title
- Safety Director
- Job ID
- Columbus, OH 43204
- Other Location
Job Title: Safety Director
Business Unit: Gudenkauf, a Congruex Company
Reports To: President and General Manager locally with a matrixed reporting relationship
to the Congruex Corporate Safety Director
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
Gudenkauf, a Congruex Company
Gudenkauf is a diversified telecommunications, utility and systems integration solution provider with the personnel, equipment, expertise, and experience to deliver even in the toughest and most complicated conditions. We offer a variety of services from outside plant construction, fiber optic splicing and testing, utility locating, intelligent transportation systems, gas line cathodic protection, and emergency restoration services. We have grown to service the states of Ohio, West Virginia, along with expanding into Kentucky, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
The Safety Director will be responsible to interface with employees and managers and enforce compliance with proper safety standards, procedures and policies for all employees and managers. They will be accountable for all safety activities including audits, reviews, reporting, filings, training, and monitoring of compliance programs. They will also be required to identify issues and risks and design solutions to mitigate the exposure to those risks. The Safety Director will directly supervisor two regional Safety Managers.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
· Ensure compliance with and oversees Federal and State OSHA compliance for the business unit.
· Support construction crews by visiting project sites and assessing working condition to ensure all customer safety requirements are met in accordance with contracts.
· Oversee and conduct safety inspections and audits to assess employee compliance with safety regulations and to ensure construction and workplace safety compliance practices; identify gaps related to safety compliance and develop resolutions to identified gaps and opportunities.
· Ensure reporting and metrics related to employee, workplace, and fleet safety risks and controls and completion of required OSHA recordkeeping and reporting.
· Manage incident reporting and investigation processes to determine root cause, to ensure accurate and timely reporting of incident information and for preventing recurrence of similar injuries or illnesses.
· Identify opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
· Develop and deliver comprehensive safety training for all employees and managers on applicable safety standards to promote compliance.
· Ensure accident and incident reports and completed and reviewed for accuracy and clarity.
· Work with the business unit’s Workers’ Compensation carrier to ensure proper and efficient handling of injury and illness claims.
· Partner with People Services (HR) to champion Gudenkauf and Congruex’s safety culture and to manage Workers’ Compensation claims.
· Manage Safety Manager’s in Ohio and West Virginia.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Strong communication and presentation skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
· Excellent organizational and attention to detail skills.
· Must be able to work under challenging and inclement weather conditions (i.e., snow, wind, rain, extreme heat and/or cold).
· Must be able to travel for business throughout Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Indiana and sometimes to other work locations, including overnight.
· Ability to work weekends, and long hours, as required.
· Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
· Individuals will be required to pass a preemployment drug test and background screening.
· Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and compliance.
· Development of OSHA regulated training regarding OSHA regulations.
· Working knowledge of DOT regulations and compliance including but not limited to FMCSA regulations, 49 CFR, etc.
· Knowledge of the telecommunications and construction industries.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
· Working knowledge and application of OSHA regulations.
· 5 years of experience and in safety program administration, OSHA regulations and safety training within the telecommunications and/or construction industries.
· Safety certifications or training, particularly in the safety arena (i.e., OSHA 10, 30, 500 and/or OSHA 510 training) preferred.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.