Cyber Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Cyber Security Engineer
- Job ID
- Burlington, MA 1803
- Other Location
Position: Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Cambridge, MA
Clearance Level Required: Active or Interim Top Secret
Salary Range: $130K to $165K, commensurate with experience
Falcon IT is seeking a Cyber Security Engineers who possesses a Top-Secret Security Clearance to contribute
to one of this country's premier defense research organizations. As a part of Team, a successful
candidate will have the opportunity to substantially contribute to and make a significant, positive impact
within a fast-paced, customer-focused and technically innovative work environment. Candidates that possess a love for technical
challenges, a desire to constantly learn and the desire to establish themselves as critical players within a
team are strongly encouraged to apply.
The position will work with security managers, program managers and technical subject matter experts
to assess and remediate system vulnerabilities, perform system auditing and continuous monitoring
tasks, serve as SME for system access control procedures and account management practices, ensure
effective tracking and oversight for system inventories and baseline configurations and assist in system
architecture design. Security metrics will be developed and provided to track systems’ status,
vulnerabilities, risks, and efforts to effect process or system improvements.
• Operating Systems: UNIX/Linux, Windows, OSX, VMware, Cisco IOS, PAN-OS.
• Hardware: Intel/AMD, Cisco, Sun/Oracle, Dell
• Software/applications: Splunk, Nessus, McAfee, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook), MS Active Directory, Network Attached Storage, Java, SQL.
• Programming Languages: Perl, Python, PowerShell.
• Networking applications and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, Syslog, DHCP, SSH, HTTP/s, FTP,
• SIEM, vulnerability management, privilege management, system auditing, continuous monitoring,
system hardening, configuration management, firewall configuration and network management.
• Databases (PostgreSQL, mySQL, MongoDB), web servers (Apache, nginx)
• SIPRNET and SAP/SC experience
Qualifications and Background:
• Top Secret or Interim Top Secret Security Clearance§
• Bachelor Degree in relevant field.
• At least 8 years of applicable experience.
• One or more of these certifications: Microsoft, Red Hat, VMWare, Certified Information Systems
Security Professional (CISSP); CompTIA Security+; Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC);
IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), GIAC Security Administration Certification; SANS/GIAC GSEC, ISCsquared CISSP, ISC-squared SSCP, ISACA CISM, ISACA CISA, EC-Council CEH, EC-Council ECSA,
CompTIA Security+, CWNP CWSP