At SOS-Retail Services, we believe in the work we’re doing and enjoy it every day. We use our knowledge and passion for construction in an energetic work environment, giving our clients the best possible solutions. We grow our team by building the company with people who believe in what they’re doing and have fun doing it. If you have a passion for design and construction, check out our openings and apply today.
- Job Title
- CAD Technician
- Job ID
- Franklin, TN
- Other Location
At SOS Retail Services, we are leaders in the construction industry and provide retailers with a variety of design, construction, and project management services. Our innovative and collaborative approach to construction gives our clients the services they need.
We are currently looking for a CAD Tech to join our team in the Franklin, TN office. We operate in a fast-moving environment where flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks keeps things interesting! The CAD department is a critical area of our business. When the department excels, it makes a significant impact on the company and positively affects our reputation with our customers.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a desire for learning and take the initiative to finish all assigned tasks within deadlines. We value passionate, down to earth “can do” people who enjoy fine-tuning small details without losing sight of the big picture. We hire team members who are meticulous and reliable with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
What you will be doing:
- Develop proposed plans for future remodels
- Meet with clients to scope walk existing stores to finalize proposed plans
- Perform quality control of plans and any other documentation, if requested
- Perform due diligence, submit appropriate documentation, follow up and receive permits for future remodels
- Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation for future reference
- Conduct detailed site/building surveys and develop as-built plans
- Communicate progress on surveys and plan development to appropriate departments
- Travel as needed, up to 30%
What we’re looking for:
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s preferred with a focus on Architecture or Construction Management; Degree may be waived with significant related and demonstratable work experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of on-site construction survey of existing commercial buildings
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of AutoCAD 2007 or higher
- Retail/or Convenience Store experience strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Acute attention to detail