Vice President of Finance
- Job Title
- Vice President of Finance
- Job ID
- Poway, CA 92064
- Other Location
Responsible for strategic direction and management of company fiscal and information technology functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and current IT trends and regulations, respectively.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
1. Ensures timely and accurate financial reporting and budget analysis for management team and any external parties as needed.
2. Prepares and presents accurate cash flow forecasts.
3. Recommends and develops financial policies, procedures and systems to meet company objectives.
3. Provides strategic financial leadership and support on the evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions, mergers, pension funds and investments and/or other issues affecting the business.
4. Recommends and leads new efforts to improve ROE/ROA performance through effective KPI selection and tracking.
5. Works to optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiates needed strategies for improvement.
6. Builds, develops and manages finance and IT team capable of carrying out needed initiatives.
7. Stays abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance for the finance and information technology functions, including regulatory compliance related to international customer base.
8. Aligns financial policies and procedures with company objectives.
9. Establishes financial reporting systems and controls to ensure compliance with company expenditure requirements and to meet customer needs.
10. Manages financial audits and assesses compliance with financial regulations and controls.
Manage day-to-day operations and department staff. Partner with Human Resources for staffing needs including but not limited to recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, compensation, performance, and termination.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or related field.
Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years professional experience in finance and accounting management (i.e., controller, assistant controller, finance/accounting manager) and minimum 5 years in senior management.
Startup Experience: Forecasting, planning and analysis, capital structure optimization, institute financial system scalability, creating financial processes and reporting requirements.
• Advanced knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
• Experience managing asset-based lending relationships
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
• Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
• Small and large project/program orientation
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
• Proven problem solving and negotiation skills
Additional Preferred Experience:
• Past role in aerospace, defense or government contracting
• Work with a private equity owned business
• Experience with GSA contracts
Job Conditions/Physical Demands:
United States and International travel at times may be required. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk or computer terminal.