Case Manager - Hayward
- Job Title
- Case Manager - Hayward
- Job ID
- Hayward, CA 94541
- Other Location
Downtown Streets Team (DST) is looking for a passionate and outgoing Case Manager to help us end homelessness in California!
DST works with unhoused individuals to rebuild their lives, restore their dignity, and end homelessness. Joining DST is the opportunity to help a vulnerable population and work towards creating stronger communities. DST has been serving unhoused neighbors since 2015. Our growing nonprofit operates in 16 California communities.
The Nonprofit Times calls Downtown Streets Team one of the best nonprofits to work for. Our innovative model of social action has been recognized as one of five Evidence-Based Practices in California in 2018. We offer meaningful work alongside compassionate and talented colleagues as well as competitive benefits & salaries. We encourage collaboration, creativity, and continuous learning.
Joining Downtown Streets Team is the opportunity to help a vulnerable population and work towards creating a better, stronger community and city. DST is dynamic, growing, encourages collaboration, creativity and continuous learning. Come take on meaningful work alongside compassionated and talented colleagues!
What we do….
Downtown Streets Team builds Teams that restore dignity, inspire hope, and provide a pathway to recover from homelessness. We remove the barriers that stand in an individual’s way to exit homelessness and welcome them into a community built on the celebration of success.
What you’ll do…
We’re looking for a full-time Case Manager to work with our Team Members on housing, employment and other self-sufficiency goals. You’ll be working directly with individuals experiencing homelessness, to navigate services and help them reduce the barriers to self-sufficiency through strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, while managing priorities and workflow. This may include helping Team Members access shelter, employment, housing, medical, legal, financial services and other self-sufficiency goals.
Conditions for Employment
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid CA Driver License, reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the local area
- Vaccination policy
- Physical requirements: Sitting, standing, or walking for long periods of time and pushing, pulling and/or lifting up to 25 lbs
- Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English
- Basic mathematical calculations
- Demonstrate adaptability, commitment, collaboration and a willingness to work with a constantly priorities
- Problem solving and observation stills; hearing, seeing, reasoning, and decision-making
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time
- Works well with others and behaves professionally and ethically while developing professionally.
- Can do positive attitude
- Ability to work in a changing work environment
- Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred
We thrive as an organization when unique identities, experiences & perspectives are represented; when our culture is inclusive through a commitment to equitably offer everyone what they need to succeed; when our practices inside the company reflect differences that are celebrated and everyone is valued, respected with the ability to reach their full potential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Downtown Streets Team does have a vaccination policy that requires employees to prove that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Our Hayward Office is located in the heart of Downtown Hayward and surrounded by some of our local community businesses. There is ample free parking, we are close to both the 580 and 880 freeway and walking distance from the Hayward Bart station.
- Competitive nonprofit compensation, starting at $55,000
- Annual company Cost of Living Increases
- Fully paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage for employees, with FSA and HAS health plans available
- 401k with up to 6% company match, after one year
- 15 days off PTO, increasing with tenure
- Over 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid company closure for 5 days during a summer
- Paid company closure between Christmas and New Year
- Day off on your birthday
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years, not charging PTO
- Internal growth opportunities
- Access to Professional Development resources and reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)