Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
PRN Radiation Therapist
- Job Title
- PRN Radiation Therapist
- Job ID
- Seattle, WA
- Other Location
Radiation Therapist – PRN
Department: Radiation Therapist - 3 to 4 days per week; 18 - 24 hours per week
Location: Seattle, WA
We are seeking a PRN Radiation Therapist to fill in on an as needed basis. The PRN Radiation Therapist coordinates, plans and administers high quality and comprehensive age/disease appropriate radiotherapy to oncology patients of all age groups by utilizing equipment, computers and established techniques to ensure a positive patient experience demonstrating radiation safety standards with patient and staff members is essential while following the code of ethics and practice standards set by the ASRT and ARRT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Radiation Therapist must be able to work proficiently with Varian and GE machines utilizing the latest treatment techniques including 3D Conformal, IMRT, IGRT, and SRS/SBRT
- Assist with the scheduling of all areas to include simulation and treatment
- Assist to ensure pre-treatment field checks are completed in a timely manner
- Access patient’s needs and use good judgement for requesting medical attention
- Assist with the coordination on the aspects of treatment with different department to include Physician/Physics/Dosimetry
- Implement suggestions or changes as needed
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Hold a current state license in good standing
- ARRT Registered Technologist
- Ability to work independently
- High confidence level
- Excellent patient care skills
- Ability to understand dosimetry plans and calculations
- Excellent computer skills related to basic office, record/verify and EMR
- Graduate of an approved school of radiation therapy
- Extensive CT/Simulation experience in all areas of radiation therapy to include and immobilization fabrication
- Experience with clinical set ups and contours
Job Description Clause:
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.