Careers at Vigene
Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Vigene Biosciences is a rapidly growing company that strives to be a leading manufacturer of viral vectors. We are proud to support researchers at any stage of development: from basic research, to animal studies, to clinical trials and commercialization. Our diverse customer base includes scientists all across the world from academia, government organizations, research institutes, biotechnology companies, and pharmaceutical companies.
We are passionate about our mission to help support scientists advance their biomedical research and ultimately to make gene therapy affordable and available to those in need. As we continue to grow, we are always looking for talented people to join our team who share our passion. We value our employees as important contributors to our mission, so we provide opportunities for career growth and encourage employees to develop new skills so they can grow with our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vigene Biosciences is an EEO/AA employer. Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know your request and contact information. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be acknowledged from this email address. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Healthcare benefits (Medical and Dental/Vision Insurance)
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Company Paid Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Floating Holidays and Sick Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Safe Harbor Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dependent Care and Commuter/Transit FSA
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Competitive Salary and Performance Bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Work-Life Balance
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Job Title
- Facility Engineer
- Rockville, MD 20850
- Other Location
Department: Facilities & Engineering
Reports to: Facilities & Engineering Manager
Location: Rockville, MD
Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an award winning CDMO that provides viral vector-based gene delivery services and products for research and clinical applications. We are proud to support scientists at any stage of research: from basic research, to animal studies, to clinical trials and commercialization. Our diverse customer base includes thousands of scientists all across the world from academia, government organizations, research institutes, biotechnology companies, and pharmaceutical companies.
The Facilities Technician is responsible for keeping the facility in good operating condition and responding to normal and emergency service calls, taking corrective action via diagnosis and repairs. Conducts Preventive Maintenance. The Facilities Technician will be required to perform a wide range of repair and maintenance tasks throughout Vigene facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform routine maintenance and repair throughout Vigene facilities, such as repairing cosmetic damage, for example, window, door, and wall repair.
- Requesting and gathering quotes for preventive maintenance contracts on all Facility Equipment as required in assistance with the Facility Manager.
- Repair plumbing leaks to avoid water damage and restore use of water fixtures to include faucets, toilets, sinks and purified water skids.
- Minor repair on damaged electrical wiring/cords when a short or severed wire occurs. Investigate and repair shorts and other basic electrical issues.
- Maintain building HVAC equipment to keep climate control in the facility functioning properly. Schedule outside contractors for major HVAC issues as approved by Facilities & Engineering Management. NOTE: Vigene does not perform refrigerant work of any kind.
- Applying and execution of established preventative measures to the building to reduce the risk of failures. Plumbing, HVAC, and electrical knowledge required for maintenance, repair and fundamental trouble shooting.
- Ability to recognize potential safety hazards to avoid injuries.
- Support Vigene staff for basic utility supply including, water, gasses, electrical and furniture requests, office relocations and general accommodations to assist them with their work duties.
- Respond to emergencies.
- Maintain DI water systems with the assistance of approved Vendors.
- Maintain inventory, order and maintaining supply of air filters for all air handlers, fan coils and HEPA filter assemblies.
- Paint & caulk small areas when paint or wall surface has become damaged.
- Support general cleaning & housekeeping efforts as required. Pallet removal.
- Maintain relationship and coordination with janitorial contractor for non-lab domestic cleaning of facility.
- Process/Manufacturing equipment support/trouble shooting/written record keeping, and forms as required.
- Conduct daily, evening, or nightly equipment rounds, confirm all systems are in good working order.
- Check and confirm process gasses are at service pressure DAILY
- Monitor RODI, system record status.
- Move/relocate laboratory equipment as directed.
- Monitor LABWATCH monitoring system.
- May be required to review relevant documentation for accuracy and completeness i.e., suite cleaning documentation.
- Replace light bulbs as required.
- Employ safe work practices.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Other Qualifications:
- Associate degree in Science preferred, or High School Diploma or GED with prior work experience in the Biotechnology Industry in a GMP Facilities setting
- Computer literate, basics include Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Work, PowerPoint. Microsoft Teams. Maintain Calendar(s)
- Familiar with closed loop disposable technology a plus
- Basic Plumbing, HVAC and Electrical
- Possess the willingness to learn new concepts to fully understand aseptic techniques and demonstrate proper clean-room behavior
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in the English language (writing, speaking, comprehending)
- Detail-oriented and demonstrate the ability to perform highly detailed work
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills
- Able to accurately perform basic math calculations, including time conversion, fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Availability - Overtime work and schedule changes are required to meet business needs. Holiday, weekend, and night work will also be required based on manufacturing schedule. On call as business needs arise.
- Authorized to legally work in the United States without visa sponsorship
Physical Requirements/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Reliable mode of transportation to travel between sites in the Rockville area
- Able to work standing, bending, stooping, pulling, pushing, sitting, and reaching overhead for long periods of time
- Able to work around various cleaning chemicals that produce non-hazardous odors like bleach and vinegar
- Able to wear appropriate gowning covering most parts of the body and face
- Able to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs.
- Use of basic hand tools
- Use multi meter
- Work from Height not to exceed 10’
- Confined space
- Work in heat and cold as required
- Climb Ladders
Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
We have established multiple policies to protect our employees' health & safety while allowing essential operations to continue following social-distancing & PPE guidelines. Non-essential departments are working remotely and/or working alternative hours.
- Required Skills