Systems Engineer III (Storage)
- Job Title
- Systems Engineer III (Storage)
- Job ID
- Pocatello, ID
- Other Location
Position: Systems Engineer III (Storage)
Location: Pocatello, ID
Clearance: Top Secret
Salary Expectation: 180K
Relocation Assistance: Up to 10k
Falcon IT is hiring a Systems Engineer III (Storage) to support a contract in Pocatello, Idaho. Candidate must have an active Top Secret Clearance and be eligible for an SCI. The Candidate will be responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base data backup system, but for all features, components and application dependencies. Responsibilities will also include Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Tape, local disk, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, etc.
Position requirements and duties of the Senior Systems Engineer III (Storage)
- The Candidate will design, implement and provide ongoing support of the Storage Infrastructure.
- The Candidate will serves as the expert matter expert (SME) for all Storage environments.
- The Candidate will create and maintain storage infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both OEM and third party tools that include virtual storage tools and services.
- The Candidate will evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the storage infrastructure.
- The Candidate will monitor and correct critical storage issues and create recovery processes for hardware for failures and performance bottlenecks and configure alerts for proactive response times.
- The Candidate will install, configure, test and maintain system management tools, SAN infrastructure and server plugins with the latest hardware and software patch and firmware versions.
- The Candidate will proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability to include verification of the replication of data, fail over copies, redundant data sets.
- The Candidate will monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- The Candidate will maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- The Candidate will write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- The Candidate will participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- The Candidate will provide 4th level support.
- The Candidate will liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- The Candidate will ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- The Candidate will integrate systems with Windows and Linux as it applies to core service dependencies. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware.
- The Candidate will document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- The Candidate will continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- The Candidate will provide real-time reporting of storage provisioned and utilized resources to include performance metrics for disk space consumption, storage availability, performance and trends.
This position shall be filled with individuals with a minimum of 10 years of experience required with enterprise storage systems, and a bachelor’s degree preferred.