Executive Administrative Assistant
- Job Title
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Job ID
- Appleton, WI 54914
- Other Location
Responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Catalpa Leadership Team. Manages a wide variety of assignments, including; preparing written correspondence and reports, handling information requests, managing records, maintaining calendars, arranging conference calls and meetings.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with a covered disability to perform the essential functions of the position, as long as an undue hardship is not imposed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Provide high-level support to Catalpa Board of Directors, Board Committees, and Leadership meetings by scheduling, disseminating materials, recording and sharing minutes and other documents.
- Organizes and manages Leadership’s schedules and calendars with little or no input, including scheduling meetings and supporting materials preparation as appropriate.
- Prepares meeting agendas and briefings, maintains meeting notes and arranges for implementation of action items.
- Manage presentations, meetings, and events to provide flawless execution of these activities.
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other documents for Catalpa Leadership Team.
- Receives incoming communication or memos on behalf of Leadership, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff.
- Assists with preparation of materials needed for biannual site visits and clinic applications.
- Works with Leadership team to help maximize their efficiency by taking on tasks that can be delegated (example, data gathering for selected state reports, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring the Catalpa shared drive, especially those sections used by leadership, are organized and maintained for easy access.
- Performs office tasks including maintaining records, ordering supplies, and performing basic bookkeeping.
- Supports employee engagement by coordinating all staff meetings, special events like the Catalpa birthday events, holiday gatherings, and other events.
- Creates and disseminates communications to Catalpa staff
- Maintains contact with referral sources and ensure that they have any necessary materials to education potential patients and support referrals
Patient Relations Specialist Responsibilities:
- Primary contact/liaison for complaints and/or concerns from families, medical offices, or other party. Maintaining contact from start to finish.
- Investigates complaints and/or concerns with appropriate parties
- Documents complaint where appropriate and files correct documentation
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement, and internal/external housekeeping and security of office facilities.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
- Conducts Annual Review of Fixed Asset Inventory.
- Verifies the vendor invoices to match services received and processes for payment.
- Conducts Monthly Credit Card review of purchases and processing for payment.
- Coordinates the onboarding schedules for all new employees, including meetings with key organization leaders.
- Participates in the following committees: Solutions, Orientation and Training
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate Degree in Administrative Assistant, Marketing, Business Administration, or related fields
3 + years of recent experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant, and/or Office Manager
Any appropriate combination of education and experience as determined by management.
Certifications & Licenses:
Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate ethical conduct in all aspects of the work environment.
- Excellent professional oral and written communication skills, as well as good listening skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to coordinate and meet deadlines or multiple special projects.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
- Ability to anticipate and meet the personalized support needs of each leader based on their preferences and procedures.
- Capability to politically navigate the organization from front line workers to the board of directors.
- Capacity to manage up and coach leaders, when necessary.
- Confidentiality is essential for this position.
Catalpa Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.