Telecom Line Worker - SIGN ON BONUS
- Job Title
- Telecom Line Worker - SIGN ON BONUS
- Portland, ME
- Other Location
To apply, simply TEXT ONTARGET to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team today!
Telecom Line Worker
Are you looking for a boost in your professional career? Do you love finding solutions to complex problems? If you're someone who is ambitious and an expert with electrical systems, then we want you to picture yourself at On Target as one of our Line Workers!
At On Target, we are a fast-growing company that provides a variety of utility services such as locating, metering, smart grid, telecommunications, and power line services throughout the Northeast. Relocation assistance is available.
This position is responsible for assisting in the construction and maintenance of telecommunication lines and related equipment on poles and underground.
The pay for this position is $25-28/hr. DOE.
SIGN ON BONUS - $3000 - 1st half paid after 90 days of employment, 2nd half paid out after 1 year of employment.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
We believe that our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer an array of benefits that include:
- 100% paid training – We're invested in you, starting on your first day
- High-quality company vehicle – All work-related expenses are paid. This means you won't be putting mileage on your personal vehicle for work. –
- Company laptop, phone, and equipment – Advanced technology you can count on.
- Daily pay – Access your pay when you need it most. Instantly transfer your earnings to your bank same day.
- Comprehensive insurance options – A variety of excellent insurance choices including medical, dental, vision, and life.
- 401(k) with company match – We will help you save for the long term with our competitive 401(k) employer match program.
- PTO and paid holidays – Even in your first year, so you can spend time with your loved ones.
- Post-dig season bonus – Front-line employees are the first to share in the company’s success.
- Tenure Boots Program – Provides a $200 voucher to buy a new pair of work boots on your first anniversary and every year after.
- Tech Health Desk – Dedicated representatives to get you what you need when you need it.
- Employee discounts & perks – Outstanding discounts at major retailers and service providers.
- Safely performs all types of line work including, but not limited to, installing and removing poles; climbing utility poles/structures; installing copper and fiber optic cable to utility poles;
- Safely works on and around energized lines and equipment in accordance with the company and customers’ construction, maintenance and safety standards.
- Works with the public, customers and fellow employees in a courteous, professional and helpful manner.
- Required to work overtime when requested.
- Assumes the responsibility of emergency duty with a minimum of supervision and assists in the training and direction of fellow employees.
- Reads, interprets and works from sketches and diagrams.
- Prepares records and reports as required, which include but are not limited to time and material reports.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in order to meet customer demands/schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to use all types of common hand tools, line worker tools of the trade and line, vehicles and equipment.
- Is proficient in standard line work methods.
- Has thorough knowledge of the network.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Technical education highly desirable
- Must have a valid Class A or B Commercial driver’s License.
- Must have the ability to obtain various state hoisting licenses as required.
- Has thorough knowledge of the Company’s operating standards, policies, directives and safety instructions pertaining to the work assignments.
- Directs the work of and assists in the training of new employees.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must be able to climb utility poles and work out of an aerial lift device.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs. on an occasional basis and up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to stand, walk and work on uneven ground for the full workday.
- Must be able to drive a line truck and/or equipment several hours everyday.
- Must have good eyesight and hearing capabilities.
- Must work outside in all types of weather conditions.