- Job Title
- Job ID
- Chester, NY 10918
- Other Location
KORU Medical Systems is a leading developer and manufacturer of medical devices that help patients have the best possible experience subcutaneously infusing biologic medications at home. KORU’s primary line is the FREEDOM Syringe Infusion System, including the FREEDOM60® and FreedomEdge® Syringe Infusion Drivers, Precision Flow Rate Tubing™ and HIgH-Flo Subcutaneous Safety Needle Sets™. The Company maintains its corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility in Chester, New York. For more information about the Company, please visit www.korumedical.com.
Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). He/She must have the expertise of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations and provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Essential Job Functions:
· Oversees all aspects of accounting and financial reporting to organizational leadership and other required entities such as the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and investors, in compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and implements/maintains a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk and in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
· Oversees and takes the lead role in the production of periodic financial reporting including SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, related XBRL filings, and proxy statements) and monthly management reporting
· Clear and accurate presentation of company results to plan, prior year and forecast
· Understand and lead reporting processes surrounding costing, capital spending, and pricing
· Develop and maintain benchmarks and KPI’s for forecasting and modeling that will be used to measure the company’s performance
· Assist the FP&A team with budgeting and forecasting; provide business analysis and cost analysis to advise business leaders
· Manage stock-based compensation accounting and reporting
· Supervise external audits and provide needed information for the annual audit and interim reviews
· Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
· Manage the ERP (IQMS) system and its functionality throughout the organization
· Manage relationships with internal and external customers of the organization
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in increasingly responsible accounting or finance positions
- Manufacturing experience, preferably in the Medical Device industry
- 5+ years of experience managing the SEC reporting function in a public company
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of U.S. GAAP and requirements under SOX and SEC
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities; Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Executive presence/potential
- Natural leader that leads by example, people want to follow and promotes a performance culture
· Proven ability to deliver results under tight deadlines
· Ability to maintain “big-picture” focus while ensuring short-term goals are accomplished
· Extremely detail and precision-oriented while maintaining a flexible approach to problems
· Proven ability to mentor, motivate, select, provide guidance, and lead staff to encourage maximum performance, dedication, and development
· Strong analytical approach to establish goals and metrics
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, with customers, peers and up and down the chain of command
· Must possess strong and proven people management skills, including resolving conflict, and developing others, and promoting teamwork
· Track record that demonstrates personal initiative, innovative problem solving and the capability to overcome challenges
· Interest and ability to understand and articulate the business behind the numbers
· Strong organizational and documentation skills
· Advanced excel, word, PowerPoint skills.
· Flexibility on relocation as the business grows
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore, employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
KORU Medical Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.