Supply Chain Freight AP Clerk
- Job Title
- Supply Chain Freight AP Clerk
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Supply Chain Freight AP Clerk
Department: Global Logistics & Supply Chain
Manager: Director, Global Logistics & Supply Chain
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Garland, TX
Fortress Building Products is seeking an AP Freight Reconciliation Clerk to join our Supply Chain Team. The primary function of this role will be to perform the day-to-day accounts payable activities in support of the Supply Chain Team. Secondary functions may include additional accounting and supply chain related functions including assisting other supply chain team members with administrative duties as needed. This position will report to the Director, Global Logistics & Supply Chain.
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and an eagerness to learn and grow with the department.
OUR PURPOSE STATEMENT
Lead Global Change in the Way People Build and Live
Innovative Building Solutions
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Daily accounts payable functions which include matching supplier invoices to purchase orders, resolving discrepancies in pricing or payment terms, and approving invoices for payment.
- Plan, review, and report on ocean freight and transportation spend in comparison to plan.
- Match and enter transportation partner invoices into ERP / financial system for payment.
- Prepare landed cost components for receiving transactions into ERP.
- Prepare vendor and factory chargebacks as required.
- Filing, organizing, and storing accounts payable records.
- Reconcile ocean freight vendor statements monthly. Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Ensure stock container receipts are processed and posted in ERP in a timely manner.
- Respond to internal and external emails and phone calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions and generally accepted accounting practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
Attention to Detail – Demonstrates thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; carefully monitors the details of own and others’ work to ensure accuracy and quality; plans and organizes time and resources efficiently; completes all work according to procedures and standards.
Business Ethics – Treats people with respect; keep commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Customer Focus – Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints; responds promptly to customer needs; seeks to find out more about customers and provide a better product or service; adopts professional approach to customers; is reliable and delivers on promises.
Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility to own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Organization Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Professionalism – Practices good hygiene and presents an appropriate professional appearance; understands how one is perceived by others; takes actions intended to have a position effect on others; makes a friendly impression on others by using good eye contact and using names whenever possible; develops and maintains positive working relationships and maintains a pleasant work attitude.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2+ years of solid experience in an Accounts Payable or other accounting position
- 2-year associates degree preferred, some college-level accounting courses strongly preferred
- In-depth, solid working understanding of Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) experience a plus
- General knowledge of accounting and understanding of the general ledger accounts and how they relate to invoices and payments
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Abie to handle a fast-paced work environment with a poised, results-driven, and positive attitude
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.