Engineering Support Specialist
- Job Title
- Engineering Support Specialist
- Job ID
- Oak Ridge, TN 37830
- Other Location
ENGINEERING SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for an Engineering Support Specialist to contribute to the mission of the National Security Complex at Oak Ridge, TN. Note that due to COVID-19 site access restrictions, the position may initially require tele-working, but will be located on site when possible.
The Engineering Support Specialist provides technical support to APMO Federal Project Directors in planning and executing their day-to-day project monitoring and oversight assessments of UPF and capital line-item projects.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
- Responsibility as the APMO Command Media Point of Contact, updating, sharing and reviewing command media policies, procedures and plans,
- Database updating on a weekly and sometimes daily basis, ensuring documents are properly stored, protected, and regularly reviewed,
- Ensuring information on the current status of documents is available to APMO staff,
- Complete Triennial Review of Command Media documents,
- Regularly update Command Media Configuration Access Database with status of all documents,
- Shepherd any command media updates through the concurrence routing process,
- Update Command Media Library on SharePoint and other tasks involving records management,
- Manage the UPO telework help mailbox and periodically screen and direct calls for IT support.
- Exhibited skill organizing information and curating documents.
- Adept at synthesizing technical data and providing analysis and presenting well-researched recommendations to senior government officials,
- Required characteristics include initiative, technical training and excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Systems (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Power Point, etc.),
- Ability to work within a diverse team.
- Possess a DOE “Q” Clearance, or have the ability to attain the clearance.
- BS in engineering, science, or business with a minimum of two years’ experience.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.