Construction Project Manager
- Job Title
- Construction Project Manager
- Job ID
- Berkeley, CA 94720
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for a Construction Project Manager to contribute to the mission of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL). LBNL develops science and technology solutions for the world by bringing together multidisciplinary teams of researchers and creating world-class tools for scientific discovery.
LBNL seeks a qualified contract Project Manager experienced with LBNL’s or DOE Lab project execution processes. This temporary position will report to the Small Projects Department Head and will be integrated with a team of Project and Construction Managers. The Project Manager will work with a cross-functional team of LBNL employees from the Facilities Division, including EH&S and Engineering. The Facilities Division is seeking a contract Project Manager who will act as an extension of the Small Projects Team.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
- Initiating and managing the Project in accordance with LBNL Project Governance for Threshold 1 Projects,
- Managing design and construction subcontracts to ensure work is being designed and executed in accordance with a defined SOW,
- Developing, reviewing, and endorsing budget requests, baselines, and change control processes,
- Preparation of required project documentation, including project status, cost, schedule, resourcing, funding, and risk,
- Managing and controlling any contractual commitments, project reviews and report-outs to LBNL Leadership to assure that all work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings and terms of the subcontract,
- Working in concert with the Construction Manager to ensure subcontractor is performing work according to scope, within budget, and safely,
- Oversee the planning for, and coordination of commissioning, and turnover of completed projects to the user.
- At least 2 years experience in two or more of the following functions: project management, engineering, construction, project controls and procurement work or any combination of education and experience,
- Must be a U.S. Citizen; dual citizenship is not allowed.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Scientific discipline from an accredited institution,
- Previous experience working at LBNL is preferred, experience at other DOE sites may be considered,
- Has experience in various project management activities such as planning, budgeting and performance measurement,
- Advanced knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) tools and processes.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.