PT CAD OPERATOR
- Job Title
- PT CAD OPERATOR
- Job ID
- Part Time
- Fort Worth, TX
- Other Location
GSE Systems, Inc. is seeking a CAD Operator to support DP Engineering staff. This will include finding documents, preparing spread sheets and databases and supporting the preparation of design deliverables such as drawings and design modification packages.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Previous experience using either AutoCAD or MicroStation or technical training in either AutoCAD or MicroStation.
The qualified candidate must have a basic working knowledge and ability using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word. Must be capable of obtaining unescorted access at Nuclear plants and other facilities.
The essential functions of the CAD Operator include, but are not limited to:
- Visits client sites to develop relationships and participate in field walkdowns to gather information for design activities.
- Work under the technical direction of Engineers and/or Senior Designers within Project scope to design and prepare project deliverables in accordance with projects and consulting agreements.
- With assistance, develop and modify designs for structures, systems, and components according to established design standards, industry codes and standards, and design guides. This includes selecting components based on their characteristics and suitability for a particular application, preparing construction or bid drawings, revising existing drawings, integrating designs with customers’ facilities and equipment.
- Actively engage with Engineers and other project team members to ensure that work is done efficiently and any changes are communicated.
- Ensures that any scope of work changes have not been initiated until approved by the client.
- Identifies any project issues that may affect project quality, schedule, or budget to the Supervisor and Responsible Engineer as soon as it is discovered.
- Promotes company teamwork and supports high morale.
- Promotes the common understanding that the customer and the quality of the products and service is the first priority and that each person in the company is here to support that purpose.
- Performs design work in support of DPE projects or consulting engagements.
- May be required to take temporary assignments at customer locations to support business needs and requirements.
- Assignments are completed at or below proposed budgeted billable hours.
- Out of scope items are identified and discussed with the Supervisor and Responsible Engineer before beginning work.
- Assignment schedules are met.
- Assignment problems and/or issues are addressed immediately using the Supervisor and Responsible Engineer to establish the best course for solutions.
- Completed activities shall be of high quality and shall not require any rework.
A least 2 years of experience in design engineering for a firm doing similar work as DPE supporting nuclear and/or industrial projects.
Education & Experience
High School / GED required. AA Degree preferred. Technical courses for both AutoCAD and MicroStation or equivalent experience in design related activities a plus.
This position will be working primarily indoors and industrial facilities including nuclear power facilities, in a smoke free environment, but also may require the employee to be in the outdoors. From this movement, the employee will encounter varying weather conditions and temperatures. The normal auto and air travel hazards will apply. Travel will be in all types of weather.
GSE DP is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE - M/F/D/V
- Pay Range
- $20.00 Hourly to $23.00 Hourly