Staffing Recruiter - Engineering
- Job Title
- Staffing Recruiter - Engineering
- Job ID
- Other Location
Who We Are
GSE Solutions is a world leader in real-time high-fidelity simulation, providing a wide range of simulation, training and engineering solutions to the power and process industries. Its comprehensive and modular solutions help customers achieve performance excellence in design, training and operations. GSE Systems is headquartered in Sykesville (Baltimore), Maryland, with offices in Columbia, Maryland; Dallas, Texas; Huntsville, Alabama; Montrose, Colorado, and Beijing, China. Information about GSE is available at gses.com.
Who We Need
We are currently looking for a Staffing Recruiter with experience working the Engineering industry and MSPs, for a remote role.
What You Will Do
- Conduct effective database searches, using software programs, to proactively identify and evaluate qualified candidates for job opportunities identified by business development Directors and others.
- Assess potential candidates by conducting phone and in person interviews to determine suitability and availability for positions.
- Negotiate wage rates and other terms and conditions of employment with candidates, and gain commitment from candidates for current and future job requirements.
- Create a robust candidate pipeline by utilizing technical resources such as LinkedIn.com, career websites, blogs, and social media.
- Maintain relationships with existing and potential field professionals to provide customer service, gain industry knowledge, get referrals and generate leads.
- Develop and implement creative sourcing strategies.
- Work with business development Directors and other team members to identify top clients/accounts, target skill sets, and to assess clients’ staffing requirements.
- Update/Notify submitted candidates of job status, during client evaluation process and at conclusion of process.
- Facilitate internal client and candidate management and respond to request from business development Directors and others related to job status and other related work priorities.
- Manage the entire recruiting life cycle.
- Communicate with peers by sharing recruiting “best practices” and providing accurate, thorough documentation on employees in applicant tracking systems or other documentation tools.
- Maximize effective sourcing methods while maintaining cost control.
- Support resume formatting according to established guidelines.
- Support other office activities, as needed.
- Ability to develop new relationships with clients and candidates through cold calls. Must be fearless, tough and able to handle rejection and move on.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, disciplined and strong work ethic
- Superb written & verbal communication skills
- High proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office products and the internet
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to negotiate and communicate complex concepts/business issues verbally and in writing to clients, consultants and management.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities/projects and proven ability to develop business relationships.
- A high level of enthusiasm for building the business and the capacity to overcome obstacles.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Must be willing to work in an ever changing and evolving department to meet the changing demands of the workforce
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR, Psychology or related field and 3-5 years’ recruiting experience in the Nuclear industry with MSPs or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
What We Offer
- A company has over 40 years of expertise in simulation background with next-generation training technologies and engineering services. We are a total solutions provider for the energy industry.
- A culture that values each of our employee’s expertise, service to our customers and unique contributions.
- A culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Benefits that become effective the first day you start including - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance and much more.
- 22 days of vacation and 9 holidays
- 401(k) w/ 50% match up to a maximum employee contribution of 6%
GSE Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE - M/F/D/V