Senior Business Analyst
- Job Title
- Senior Business Analyst
- Job ID
- Somerville, MA 02145
- Other Location
We are seeking a high-performing, entrepreneurial, and deeply curious Senior Business Analyst who will be responsible for planning, designing, building, interpreting, and communicating data analysis from a variety of sources including internal monitoring and operational activity, medical claims, third party market data, and internal patient information. These analyses will drive data-informed decision-making and strategic choices that are critical for company growth and impact to improve patient health. This individual will work across teams to build analyses, synthesize insight, and clearly communicate those to partners, leaders, and clients.
The Sr. Business Analyst is an individual contributor role that will report directly to the VP, Enterprise Health Services, supporting leadership across market segments. This is a unique opportunity to play a significant role in shaping data-driven strategy for a fast-growing, innovative, and mission-driven startup.
Develop Strategic Analyses to inform business-critical decisions. Quantitatively assess the performance of the business across market segments, developing insights to inform operational and strategic enhancements. Create business cases for new tactics and product enhancements and partner with business leaders to rapidly test underlying assumptions and hypotheses.
Build and Execute Intuitive Reporting. Partner with business owners and analytics leaders to develop and execute standard internal and client reporting that enables understanding health of the business and underlying levers to improve performance
Distill insights and clearly communicate findings and recommendations, synthesizing analyses into clear and concise verbal and PowerPoint recommendations to senior leaders, business partners, and clients.
● Professional Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in a strategic analytics role at a large company, startup or strategic consulting firm
● Structured Thinking: the ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analysis. The ability to present complex concepts/ideas in concise, easy-to-understand terms is critical
● Analytical Rigor: ability to run and manage sophisticated quantitative analyses and business cases in a defect-free manner. Strong attention to detail, systems, and processes with a continuous improvement mindset. Mastery of Excel is critical in this role. Experience accessing and utilizing web APIs, preferably using Python scripting, is also required.
● Strong Communication: Ability to present complex concepts/ideas in concise, easy-to-understand terms. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Is an active listener. Mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint is critical in this role.
● Resourcefulness: Moves quickly and is not afraid to roll up sleeves to get the job done. Works smart but also demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
● Passion for Healthcare: mission-driven with a desire to help people improve their health and quality of life
● Education: Bachelors’ Degree required.
This position will be remote until the office is able to open safely post COVID.
Podimetrics is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.