Careers at RxSense
Our culture is more than a set of values, principles and promises. It’s the dynamic embodiment of who we are, where we’ve been and where we’re headed tomorrow.
Staff Software Engineer
- Job Title
- Staff Software Engineer
- Job ID
- Other Location
Staff Software Engineer
RxSense is a Boston-based health technology company offering powerful technology solutions built to make prescription drugs more affordable for all. We operate two business units – Enterprise Platform Solutions, which provides turnkey technology services to employers, health plans, and others who wish to administer pharmacy benefits, and Direct to Consumer (DTC), which offers cash pay prescription benefits to people under the consumer brand SingleCare.
Incorporated in 2014, RxSense is one of the fastest-growing companies in New England. We are privately held and proud to have been recognized by Fast Company as one of 2020s Most Innovative Companies, and by Forbes as a 2020 Best Startup Employer. Our CEO and Founder, Rick Bates, was named the EY New England Entrepreneur of the Year award winner in 2018.
We're a small, dynamic engineering team that's growing quickly, and this exciting new opportunity comes at a pivotal moment of growth for RxAgile. We are seeking a savvy, user-focused engineer who has delivered stellar results at a successful tech company or start-up. You will be part of a small, cross-functional, largely autonomous product engineering team, collaborating with other developers, designers, and the product manager to extend our cloud-based web platform. As a back-end developer, you will have end-to-end ownership of features and projects, from brainstorming and architecture through to testing, release, and maintenance. You will be expected to ensure the software we write is universally high quality, and to support your fellow developers through mentorship, feedback, code reviews, and advancement of internal tools and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Partner with product managers and designers to deeply understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs
- Build infrastructure to handle millions of transactions and secure, sensitive health data
- Write modular, secure, and well-tested code
- Design and build software capable of reaching millions of users
- Ensure our development environment is best in class by delivering improvements to internal tooling and direct partnership with our product platform teams
- Work closely with operations and account management to respond quickly to issues for our users and solve those in a permanent and scalable way
- Articulate a technical vision for a more enlightened way of working and work with multi-functional partners to deliver that vision
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrate persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measure self against standard of excellence. Recognize and act on opportunities. Set and achieve challenging goals. Take calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Exhibit good listening and comprehension. Express ideas and thoughts in written form. Express ideas and thoughts verbally. Keep others adequately informed. Select and use appropriate communication methods.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities. Contribute to building a positive team spirit. Exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
Education & Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for someone who is passionate and thrives in a cooperative environment.
We ask that you have:
- 7+ years of industry experience developing web applications with a popular, strongly typed, general-purpose programming language like C#, Go
- Mastery of C#, .NET, Visual Studio, MVC (or demonstrable skills in another equivalent stack)
- Experience writing RESTful web services with the WebAPI framework
- Proficiency with relational databases (like MySQL or Postgres Server) and performance tuning
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or Ph.D.) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding, or equivalent technical experience
- Solid CS fundamentals with experience across a range of disciplines, with one or more area of deep knowledge and experience
- Previous success developing, shipping, and maintaining a large-scale application with a user mindset
- Enthusiasm for technology, and an aptitude for learning and using new technologies
- Desire to grow outside your technical comfort zone, give and receive and constructive criticism
- Proven analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Typical Office Environment, sitting, standing, and ability to work on computers for extended periods.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position.