I & C Engineer
- Job Title
- I & C Engineer
- Job ID
- Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Other Location
GSE DP Engineering, a GSE Solutions company, is searching for an experienced Instrument/Control Engineer. GSE DP Engineer specializes in providing consulting engineering services to the nuclear utility industry. Our Instrument/Control Engineering Group specializes in upgrading the plants within the aging nuclear fleet from analog to digital control systems.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Develop modifications primarily to existing nuclear power plants that increase reliability and efficiency. Many modifications involve upgrading obsolete controls systems from analog to digital controls.
- Review of vendor documents
- Interface with client/vendors,
- Attend/host meetings
- Development of engineering proposals
- Preparation of engineering calculations, drawings, and change packages.
- Leadership – The candidate must have availability and ability to serve as a Responsible Project Engineer and to travel to client job sites, client office locations or other project related areas.
- Communication Skills – The candidate must have the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing in English. Multi-lingual abilities are a plus.
- Multi-tasking Abilities – The candidate must have the ability to interface with different discipline Supervisors, perform advising and oversight of projects and updating technical capabilities on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Computers & Software – The candidate must have extensive knowledge and ability using Microsoft Excel and Word. Basic to extensive knowledge in Instrument/Control engineering software typically deployed in the nuclear power industry.
- Client Interface – The candidate must have the ability to provide technical consulting services in Instrument/Control Engineering. Ability to provide management consulting services to customers is a plus, assisting them with emergent issues critical to their success.
- Education – The candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Instrument/Control Engineering (or closely related field of study). It is preferred that the candidate have a Graduate Degree in Instrument/Control Engineering or graduate level coursework leading toward such a degree
- Professional Licensure – It is preferred that the candidate be Licensed as a Professional Engineer or have the ability to be licensed within one year.
- Experience – The desired experience level in Instrument/Control Engineering is 10 or more years. A working knowledge of cyber security (NEI 08-09, NERC CIP standards) is desired but not required. Experience providing Instrument/Control Engineering services to operating nuclear power plants is desired, along with experience developing modification packages for operating nuclear power plants in accordance with IP-ENG-001