SME Software QA Test Engineer
- Job Title
- SME Software QA Test Engineer
- Job ID
- Dayton, OH 22033
- Other Location
Position: SME Software QA Test Engineer
Location: Remote/ Dayton, OH
Falcon IT is seeking a SME Software Quality Assurance and Tester who will primarily conduct software quality reviews as a contractor
to the United States Air Force Reliability and Maintainability Information System. The system is a web based data system for collecting, validating, editing, processing, integrating, standardizing and reporting equipment maintenance data.
- Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression).
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies.
- Analyze user stories and use case requirements for validity and feasibility.
- Design and develop automation scripts when needed.
- Review software requirements and preparing test scenarios.
- Execute tests on software usability.
- Analyze test results on database impacts, errors or bugs, and usability.
- Prepare reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the design team.
- Interact with clients to understand product requirements.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work / military experience.
- 8+ Years’ experience testing software solutions for complex systems.
- Must have an IASAE I certification or 40 hours of annual cybersecurity training. CASP+CE or CISSP
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and a deep understanding of the design process leading into a solution.
- Exceptional working knowledge of agile software development methodologies, techniques, and frameworks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S.
- Ability to attain a favorably completed DoD Tier 1 investigation (Formerly known as National
- Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI)). An in-scope Tier 3 (Secret) or Tier 5 (Top Secret)
- adjudicated investigation will meet the requirement.
- HIGHLY DESIRE an existing IT-II level investigation for IT-II level designation. An in-scope Tier
- 3 (Secret) or Tier 5 (Top Secret) adjudicated investigation will meet the requirement.