Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
- Job Title
- Coding Manager
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN
- Other Location
The Coding Manager will be engaged in all efforts of the technical and/or professional billing and coding processes, interacting, communicating, and building relationships and developing employees. The position will be the key person in organizing, scheduling, and monitoring the daily operations of the coding/billing area. This position will be responsible for anticipating resource needs to meet objectives and implements appropriate process.
- Oversees and monitors all staff in the Coding/Billing department to ensure all assigned accounts are initiated or completed productively.
- Performs audits to ensure all duties are performed and accurate.
- Ensures staff adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Receives and responds to special requests and resolves complex problems.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the coding/billing functions.
- Train staff and provide positive direction, guidance and leadership over the staff for effective teamwork and motivation.
- Demonstrate and apply expert level knowledge of medical coding practices and concepts.
- Monitors In Progress work queues and reports to ensure all claims are filed to payers timely
- Analyzes and researches complex or escalated accounts to determine root cause of open receivables and determine and execute the best approach for accurate coding/billing and timely filing of claims
· Work collaboratively with all center staff and Revenue Cycle Department teams to provide support review processes, provide feedback and identify area of opportunities.
- Coordinate and perform all functions of quality reviews (routine, pre-bill, policy driven and incentive plan driven)for inpatient and outpatient coding
· Strong Clinical Knowledge related to Oncology/Hematology & Radiation Oncology.
· Assist with EOM closing procedures and have the ability to stay over if needed.
- Stay abreast of payer requirements and changes in the industry and communicate those changes to team and leadership
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in Revenue Cycle
· Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, and third party billing/coding guidelines.
· Experience with multiple billing and EMR Systems
· Working knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10, HCPCS, and CPT coding
· ROCC, CHONC, or CPC credentials preferred but not required.
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Familiar with Chemotherapy and Radiation Billing
Ability to work in a team environment and be able to multi task. Strong Business and Organizational Competence. Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Strong functional Competence. Interpersonal Skill Competency. Stress Tolerance. Initiative. Adaptability. Accountability. Integrity. Self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking. Ability to maintain a professional, polished image. Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
Physical Demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying twenty five pounds maximum, seeing, speaking and hearing. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Work environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.