Clinical Nurse - Department: Medicine/Diabetes
- Job Title
- Clinical Nurse - Department: Medicine/Diabetes
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Clinical Nurse for our Neuro/Stroke/Brain Unit.This position provides and assures patient centered, cost efficient, safe, culturally competent, linguistically sensitive and quality care by adhering to evidence based practice; continuously assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates outcomes; follows hospital, Nurse Practice Act, District of Columbia Board of Nursing, accrediting and regulatory agency regulations regarding standards of care.
The Clinical Nurse:
- Demonstrates competency in clinical skills, bedside manner, infection control, physiological knowledge, administering medication, medical teamwork, multi-tasking, listening, verbal communication, health promotion and maintenance.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills. Demonstrates willingness to learn. Knowledge of professional nursing and biopsychosocial principles, theories, concepts, and their adaptation to nursing practice.
- Knowledge of pharmacology of various drugs and their therapeutic and adverse actions and complications. Competence in both oral and written English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
- Maintains active American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification
- At least 12 months of clinical experience in acute care nursing.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Work life balance
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
- Required Skills