System Administrator Linux/Network Admin
- Job Title
- System Administrator Linux/Network Admin
- Job ID
- Burlington, MA 1803
- Other Location
Position: System Administrator Linux/Nework Adm
Location: Lexington, MA – Hanscom Airforce Base
Clearance Level Required: Active Secret or Interim Secret (Aquila to sponsor)
Salary Max: $160K, commensurate with experience
Relocation Available: Yes
• Interim Secret will be considered, Active Secret is preferred.
• Candidate will need to be 100% onsite. There may be flexibility down the road for some partial remote work dependent upon the Lab’s evolving policy given the pandemic.
• Position will support the Combat Cloud project, which develops communications between aircraft and ground stations. The candidate will be supporting flight tests at Hanscom Airforce Base.
• Position new and will support project growth and responsibility realignment.
• Must Haves: Strong Linux (RedHat Enterprise / CentOS and some Ubuntu) and networking skills(TC/IP, routing switches, OSPF protocol, VLAN, experience with Network Gear or Linux as a router.)
Nice to Have:
ESC, VMWare, automation (Python/Ansible), experience with flight operations
Falcon IT is seeking a System Administrator to join our clients team in supporting one of this country's premier defense research organizations. This role will maintain the operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination of infrastructure and cloud responsibilities. Develops and designs core operating system builds. Responsible for coding, virtualization, and automation of systems. Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains an active directory of users and system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space. Assesses and resolves user access problems related to security controls to minimize business impact and risk exposure. Identifies and evaluates vendor products and establishes vendor monitoring and tracking processes. Performs capacity planning and monitors/tunes systems. Recommends appropriate platforms for purchase, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery. Serves as a point of escalation for major incidents that are unresolved at the helpdesk level. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
• Must be knowledgeable in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and Ubuntu Linux -- Min 6 years of hands on with various Linux.
• Scripting experience with either: Python, Bash, or Ansible
• Network administration: managing data center and small network configurations: switches, routers, firewalls, modern software management and monitoring tools, some knowledge of automation technique. (TC/IP, routing switches, OSPF protocol, VLAN, experience with Network Gear or Linux as a router.)
• System administration: install, maintain, package, patch business/user applications and Linuxbased computer systems
• Excellent customer service skills and exceptional customer facing skills are required
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Managing classified IT systems
• Virtual machines. (e.g., Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere, Citrix XenDesktop/Server, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, etc.).
• Familiarity with Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019, Windows 7 and 10
• Experience maintaining directory services. (e.g., Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, etc.).
• Manage system/server resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
• Diagnose and perform repairs on faulty system/server hardware. Install, update, and troubleshoot systems/servers.
• Develop and document systems administration standard operating procedures
• Plan, execute, and verify data redundancy and system recovery procedures.• Conduct periodic system maintenance including cleaning (both physically and electronically), disk checks, routine reboots, data dumps, and testing.
• Provide ongoing optimization and problem-solving support
• Preferred: BS or MS and at least one certification with 8-10 years of applicable experience.
• Relevant experience and certifications will be taken into account should the candidate not possess a BS or MS.
• Any prior military experience is a plus. They will modify the years of experience if someone has the majority of the technical skills and a military background.
• Active secret clearance highly preferred but will review candidates who can obtain an interim clearance should they meet the qualifications.