- Job Title
- Configuration Manager
- Job ID
- Remote, VA
- Other Location
VA Configuration Manager
Project: VA Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy sustainment and modernization (CMOP)
Location: Remote (preference is East Coast )
Salary Target: 103K
Role: Configuration Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
Support the Department of Veterans Affairs’ Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy sustainment and modernization. The CMOP is a network of seven (7) highly-automated production facilities which employ a mixture of robotic devices, conveyor systems, and human factors to accurately fill and ship nearly 117,000,000 prescriptions per year for healthcare beneficiaries including our nation’s Veterans and patients eligible for care through Indian Health Service (IHS).
The candidate will participate in a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to the sustainment and modernization of the CMOP facilities consistent with the project’s objectives listed below:
- Maintenance: Maintenance to all software at the individual CMOP facilities used to interface with local production equipment and processes. This maintenance function involves phone and remote system support with the 7 CMOPs as well as on-site annual visits.
- Enhancement and Integration Support: Provide software services that improve performance, controls and documentation including equipment interfaces as new equipment is introduced at the CMOPs.
- Standardization: Develop and execute a long-term plan to provide standardization and stability to the Production Systems for all 7 CMOPs. The goals being as follows:
- Create multiple levels of documentation to support both operational and IT usage of each of the Production Systems
- Allow for standardized reporting based on an identical data structure
- Create a single version of the software that can support the varying hardware setups at each site
- Control all source code in a single repository for ease of deployment, modification and maintenance
The configuration/knowledge manager will:
- Serve as VA CMOP configuration manager.
- Schedule and participate in CMB meetings, plan (define agenda, notify participants, and provide impacts to the operating system of proposed changes).
- Maintain and manage the CMB Knowledge Database (KD).
- Operate the CMB KD during the CMB, present new items, and present status of open Change Proposals (CPs).
- Serve as the CMB Requirements Lead and capture all requirements in the KD and track to completion.
- Serve as the proponent of the CMP document – modify the document and post to the network Knowledge Centers.
- Serve as the CMB change management Action Officer and SME.
· Maintain the CMOP (hardware and software) asset inventory and work to insure and maintain data quality of the VA data. Provide the COR, ACOR, or Technical Task Manager (TTM) quarterly ASID reports validating the data quality and provide reports on VA’s data.
· Maintain the VA’s hardware and software baseline and obtain CMB approval for all changes to the baseline. Update baselines as approved changes are made.
· Maintain the Remote Desktop Gateway, Remote Desktop Protocol connections, AD Gateway renew of certificates, and client connections to source code/build resources
· Ability to improve and/or development of additional scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software to various platforms
· Develop and maintain hardcopy and softcopy Change/Configuration Management Continuity Book (CB) for assigned projects.
· Maintain and/or add additional CI builds so developer's interaction can start the automation of the build process performed by CM via VS or Build Agents
· Maintains team Sharepoint documentation repository and updates workflows as required
- Ability to pass VA background investigation
- A minimum of five years of experience in change/configuration management.
- Experience working with dispersed computer systems, software, and industrial automation
- Minimum 5 years experience with Microsoft Team Foundation and Microsoft Tool Suite including MS Test Manager.
- Must have knowledge of management and improvement of current CM technology and troubleshoot the CM environment
- Experience Tracking/logging details within TFS in relation with Code Source Version Control
- Must have working knowledge and experience of DevOps Server and GSA/GitHub-Administration for Enterprise
- Knowledge of Azure implementation, management, and monitoring of identity, governance, storage, compute, and virtual networks within AWS
- 2 Years experience running, managing, and automating Fortify v19
- Minimum 2 years experience with Microsoft Sharepoint
- Experience with change/configuration management software.
- Experience in working with change management or change control boards.
· A degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in a technical or computer field.
· Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Experience implementing Section 508 compliance
· Knowledge of VA culture, mission, and IT environment