- Job Title
- Inventory Lead
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Department: Global Logistics & Supply Chain
Manager: Inventory Control Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Location: Garland, TX
As the Inventory Lead, this role is responsible for leading the Inventory team in conducting cycle counts, investigating shortages and discrepancies, lead repackaging and rework projects, and managing inventory space utilization plan.
OUR PURPOSE STATEMENT
Lead Global Change in the Way People Build and Live
Innovative Building Solutions
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of all inventories by performing audits as well as maintaining a comprehensive daily, weekly, and monthly cycle count program.
- Assists coordinating the physical inventory procedures, when required.
- Responsible for the coordination of reworking product, insuring packaging availability, and recording transactions.
- Processes and posts return and transfers in both the GP and Deposco systems.
- Recommends changes to improve the management and optimal storage of inventory.
- Supervises the inventory quality and accuracy assurance programs, including weekly and monthly reporting.
- Own the entire life cycle of QC HOLD from the time of detection to the resolution of the issue.
- Communicate all discrepancies and quality issues with the Warehouse Manager and Inventory Control Manager.
- Use Warehouse Management Software, ERP System, and Excel to reconcile cycle count data.
- Operate warehouse equipment (forklift, etc.).
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Assist where necessary with general warehouse operations.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Attention to Detail – Demonstrates thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; carefully monitors the details of own and others’ work to ensure accuracy and quality; plans and organizes time and resources efficiently; completes all work according to procedures and standards.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offer assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility to own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary, to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current development; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Mathematical Skills – Performs basic mathematical computations to complete job tasks. Makes reasonable estimates of arithmetic results without a calculator. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical situations.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Team Leadership – Fosters team cooperation; defines team roles and responsibilities; supports group problem solving; ensures progress toward goals; acknowledges team accomplishments.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
- 2+ years of Warehouse Inventory experience required
- Knowledge of distribution operations including receiving, stocking, order fulfillment, replenishment, shipping, and inventory control practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Able to perform basic math equations
- Self-motivated, in need of minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Team player, eager to be cross-trained
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership attributes to manage the day-to-day activities and implement long range goals
- Able to lift-up to 50 pounds, operate a pallet jack and fork truck preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a warehouse environment. Some of the work may require usage of required personal protective equipment including steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Moderate to heavy lifting is required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.