- Job Title
- Sr. ISSR
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Position: ISSR: Senior-Level
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: Top Secret clearance required, SCI eligibility preferred.
Relocation Assistance: Up to 10K
Falcon IT is currently seeking an Information Systems Security Representative (ISSR) to provide support to the Information Systems Security Management team. The duties performed by the Information System Security Representative (ISSR) at a minimum, shall consist of to the following activities:
- Ensure the client ISs are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with the internal security policies and practices outlined in the approved Security Assessment and Authorization (SAA) package
- Manage the SAA process for new the clients ISs and legacy ISs migrating into the GRC application
- Provide baseline security controls to the system owner, contingent upon the IS’s security categorization, type of information processed and entity type
- Provide a recommendation to the Authorizing Official, in consultation with the system owner, regarding systems’ impact levels and ISs’ authorization boundary
- Ensure that new entities are created in the GRC application with the security categorization of clients ISs.
- Initiate, coordinate, and recommend to the FBI Authorizing Official all Interconnection Security Agreement (ISAs), Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs), and Memorandum of Agreement (MOAs) that permit the interconnection of the clients IS with any non- or joint-use IS.
- Perform an independent review of the System Security Plan (SSP) and make approval decisions.
- Request and negotiate the level of testing required for an IS with the Enterprise Information Security Section and the clients Authorizing Official.
- Schedule security control assessments in coordination with the system owner.
- Coordinate IS security inspections, tests, and reviews with the Security and system owner. Submit the final SAA package to the clients Authorizing Official for a security ATO decision.
- Ensure that the Security ATO Electronic Communication (EC) is serialized into Sentinel under the applicable case file number.
- Advise the clients Authorizing Official of IS vulnerabilities and residual risks.
- Ensure that all POA&M actions are completed and tested.
- Coordinate initiation of an event-driven reauthorization with the clients Authorizing Official.
- Ensure the removal and retirement of clients ISs being decommissioned, in coordination with the SO, ISSO, and ISSR.
Top Secret clearance required, SCI eligibility preferred.
- At least 7 years serving as an ISSR at a cleared facility.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in a computer science or Cybersecurity related field.
- Hold Aat least one of the following certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Global Information Security Professional (GISP), or the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) or other certifications exemplifying skill sets such as those described in DoD Instruction 8570.1 IAM Level III proficiency.
- Familiarity with the use and operation of security tools including Tenable Nessus and/or Security Center, IBM Guardium, HP Weblnspect, Network Mapper (NMAP), and/or similar applications.
- A bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or other cyber discipline is preferred.