System Engineer - Containerization, Mid
- Job Title
- System Engineer - Containerization, Mid
- Job ID
- Columbia, MD
- Other Location
System Engineer - Containerization, Mid Level
CLEARANCE: Public Trust
LOCATION: Columbia / Baltimore, MD area
Supporting the CMS SMI Contract
JOB DESCRIPTION: As a systems engineer leading and supporting the contract/team's containerization efforts you shall develop innovative solutions to complex problems; and shall support automation builds, testing, monitoring, and pushing releases across environments using development tools and processes to drive DevSecOps maturity. You are expected to work without considerable direction, lead and manage tasks and members, and may be required to mentor junior staff. The majority of your efforts shall focus on working on and building enterprise cloud-native solutions involving Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, and Azure You shall support contract/team stakeholder-engagement activities using advanced consulting skills and technical expertise.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related experience.
- Experience delivering high-impact software solutions to government clients.
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes and Amazon AWS services and APIs, including EC2, S3, VPC, and IAM.
- Experience with of PaaS, SaaS, or CaaS solutions or technologies, including Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Mesosphere, Pivotal, and Docker Data Center.
- Experience with continuous delivery software tools including Jenkins or CloudBees..
- Experience with alerts and monitoring tools and system management tools for environments and configuration management and Cloud orchestration tools, including Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS Cloudformation, Azure Resource management Templates, Terraform, and Salt.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant computer field.
- Masters degree in a relevant computer field with a minimum of three (3) years of directly-related experience.
- Nine (9) years of directly-related experience; no degree required.
- Five (5) years of directly-related experience and a compelling mix of at least three (3) relevant certifications.
Certification(s) is(are) not required, however, possessing a certification in one or more of the above-referenced experience skills may have an impact in the hiring and offer decisions.y have an impact in the hiring and offer decisions.