Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
Medical Records Associate
- Job Title
- Medical Records Associate
- Job ID
- Casper, WY
- Other Location
The Medical Records Associate’s primary area of responsibility is to establish and maintain a highly professional and efficient medical records department, providing an effective service for both clinical and non-clinical staff. The role will involve working within quality standards and best practice specified by policy, payers and legislation. The Medical Records Associate is also responsible for representing the organization professionally to a variety of external customers and partaking in ad hoc project work as requested by local management.
· Compiles, verifies, and files medical records.
· Reviews medical records for completeness, assembles records into standard order, and files records in designated areas or electronic medical records system.
· Files processed labs, pathology reports and loose correspondence into patient records once physician has reviewed and signed appropriately.
· Responds to requests for information from files according to established policies and procedures.
· Operates computer to retrieve data and file signed correspondence and reports.
· Combines duplicate patient records submitted from patient accounts department.
· Maintains filing system by organizing patient records to ensure records are readily accessible by all departments.
· Answers calls / requests from Clinical staff pertaining to medical records.
· Completes, mails, faxes, and files physician’s transcription documentation.
· Selects, pulls, and processes files for year-end purging.
· Regular attendance and punctuality.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
· Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Ability to work a flexible schedule as necessary.
· Basic Microsoft Office skills.
· Prior experience with Electronic Medical Records system
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.