Staff Accountant (Entry Level)
- Job Title
- Staff Accountant (Entry Level)
- Job ID
- Mission Viejo, CA
- Other Location
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Finance team. As the Junior Accountant, you will be supporting the Controller with general ledger account management, financial reporting, budgeting, and assisting with other duties such as accounts payable.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes computerized accounting software programs (NetSuite, QuickBooks, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Has basic GAAP foundation: accrual accounting, prepaids, fixed assets, revenue recognition
- Create and process journal entries
- Assist with month-end close process
- General ledger account reconciliations
- Reconcile bank statements
- Review and verify vendor bills and check requests for appropriate documentation
- Enter vendor bills into accounting system
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Reconcile credit card charges and verify expenses with proper documentation (Concur)
- Review employee travel expenses to ensure adherence to client travel policies and approve for reimbursement (Concur)
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Preparation and review of 1099’s at year-end
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance required
- Must have experience with and be proficient with NetSuite or similar software
- Experience working in a healthcare organization or services organization a plus
- 2+ years of experience
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Experience working in a multi-site, multiple general ledger environment
- Knowledge of Concur expense reporting
- Must have knowledge of Accounts Payable
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to effectively take initiative, multi-task competing priorities and remain focused/organized in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Highly motivated takes ownership and delivers on commitments
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimal direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and team-player
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Desk job in an office environment - sitting at extended periods of time, some bending, lifting (10 lbs.), stooping and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate written or online documentation.
- Involves frequent contact with staff and clients.
- Work may be fast-paced and stressful at times.