Product Marketing Manager
- Job Title
- Product Marketing Manager
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Product Marketing Manager
Manager: Director, Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Garland, TX
The Product Marketing Manager will be the liaison between the Product & Brand team at Fortress Building Products. Half marketing strategist and half project manager, the Product Marketing Manager will thrive on bringing teams together to effectively launch new marketing initiatives and new products to our channel partners. This position will report to the Director, Marketing.
OUR PURPOSE STATEMENT
Lead Global Change in the Way People Build and Live
Innovative Building Solutions
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be the lead project manager on marketing projects that are specific to Fortress Building Products by partnering with the Brand Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Manager (i.e. literature, labels, website, blog posts, emails, etc.).
- Serve as a liaison between Channel Sales and Product Management. Work with Product Management to analyze and evaluate the performance of product categories.
- Be the main point of contact for the Marketing team during product meetings and communicate action items and next steps to the Marketing team.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to develop and bring to market samples and displays.
- Manage relationships with our fulfillment vendors.
- Be the lead on product installation videos, including script writing and storyboarding.
- Support the Brand Marketing Manager in product naming and trademark registrations.
- Support the Brand Marketing Manager with photography needs (real and CGI) for product photos to support e-commerce initiatives.
- Research the competitive landscape and stay on top of product merchandising (displays, literature, and samples).
- Have a keen understanding of our channel partners and how to best showcase our products to them in all five channels.
- Monitor competitor promotions for each product group. Appraise Product Management of competitor activities and changes in the marketplace.
- Research, define, plan, and manage product launches in partnership with the Product Management and Marketing teams.
- Manage product marketing tasks and keep projects updated in Wrike (project management software).
- Perform special projects or assignments as directed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Direct responsibility to lead, manage, and hold accountable the following positions and indirect responsibility for all employees that report into these positions. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and developing direct reports; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Marketing Coordinator
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
Managing Customer Focus – Promotes customer focus; ensures that organizational resources and support are focused on meeting customer needs; holds others accountable for meeting customer needs; establishes relationships with key customers; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs.
Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes oneself available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Performance Coaching – Defines responsibilities and expectations; sets goals and objectives; gives performance feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions; encourages training and development.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Team Leadership – Fosters team cooperation; defines team roles and responsibilities; supports group problem solving; ensures progress toward goals; acknowledges team accomplishments.
Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field required
- 8+ years of experience in marketing including 4+ years specific to channel or product marketing
- Building materials industry experience a plus
- Previous experience managing and developing a direct report
- Demonstrated success launching new products, pricing strategies, and penetrating new markets for physical products
- Ability to effectively manage integrated marketing campaigns across print, digital, social, and in-store
- Previous experience managing samples and displays with 3rd party vendors
- Highly collaborative with expertise building relationships and participating in cross-functional teams to achieve results and drive projects forward
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to manage details and projects while responding to changing priorities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to derive strategic insights from market research and data
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a budget and maximize return on investment
- Experience with project management and collaboration tools (e.g. Wrike)
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required. Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.