Office Administrator - Salinas
- Job Title
- Office Administrator - Salinas
- Job ID
- Salinas, CA
- Other Location
Downtown Streets Team (DST) is looking for a passionate and outgoing Office Administrator and Outreach representative to help us end homelessness in California!
DST works with unhoused individuals to rebuild their lives, restore their dignity, and end homelessness. Joining DST is the opportunity to help a vulnerable population and work towards creating stronger communities. DST has been serving unhoused neighbors since 2015. Our growing nonprofit operates in 16 California communities.
The Nonprofit Times calls Downtown Streets Team one of the best nonprofits to work for. Our innovative model of social action has been recognized as one of five Evidence-Based Practices in California in 2018. We offer meaningful work alongside compassionate and talented colleagues as well as competitive benefits & salaries. We encourage collaboration, creativity, and continuous learning.
Joining Downtown Streets Team is the opportunity to help a vulnerable population and work towards creating a better, stronger community and city. DST is dynamic, growing, encourages collaboration, creativity and continuous learning. Come take on meaningful work alongside compassionated and talented colleagues!
What we do….
Downtown Streets Team builds Teams that restore dignity, inspire hope, and provide a pathway to recover from homelessness. We remove the barriers that stand in an individual’s way to exit homelessness and welcome them into a community built on the celebration of success.
What you’ll do…
The full-time Office Administrator will support the growth of our Salinas work experience program. Along with supporting our Staff and Team Members, this person will be responsible for building trust base relationships during regular outreach to those experiencing homelessness on different encampments within our community.
This job requires an individual with strong organizational, clear and empathetic communication skills, problem-solving and analytical skills. Someone who is able to manage priorities and workflow independently and demonstrates versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus
Conditions for Employment
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid CA Driver License, reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the local area
- Vaccination policy
- Physical requirements: Sitting, standing, or walking for long periods of time and pushing, pulling and/or lifting up to 25 lbs
- Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English
- Basic mathematical calculations
- Demonstrate adaptability, commitment, collaboration and a willingness to work with a constantly priorities
- Problem solving and observation stills; hearing, seeing, reasoning, and decision-making
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time
- Works well with others and behaves professionally and ethically while developing professionally.
- Can do positive attitude
- Ability to work in a changing work environment
We thrive as an organization when unique identities, experiences & perspectives are represented; when our culture is inclusive through a commitment to equitably offer everyone what they need to succeed; when our practices inside the company reflect differences that are celebrated and everyone is valued, respected with the ability to reach their full potential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Downtown Streets Team does have a vaccination policy that requires employees to prove that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
The Salinas Team is located at 140 Central Ave. We are a 1 block walk away from the MST Station and next to the Steinbeck House. With our office in the heart of Old Town Salinas, we are able to take full advantage of all the great local restaurants and the beautiful view.
Benefits & Compensation
- Competitive nonprofit compensation, starting at $50,000 annually
- Annual company Cost of Living Increases
- Fully paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage for employees, with FSA and HAS health plans available
- 401k with up to 6% company match, after one year
- 15 days off PTO, increasing with tenure
- Over 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid company closure for 5 days during a summer
- Paid company closure between Christmas and New Year
- Day off on your birthday
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years, not charging PTO
- Internal growth opportunities
- Access to Professional Development resources and reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)