Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
EPIC TRAINER (INPATIENT)
- Job Title
- EPIC TRAINER (INPATIENT)
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Other Location
EPIC TRAINER (INPATIENT) FEATURED
METHODIST HEALTH SYSTEM
DALLAS, TX, 75265-5999
Full-time · Day · 8:00 - 16:30
Req # 20056732
The Epic Trainer (INPATIENT) is responsible for conducting training for clinical and non-clinical end users in the Epic Systems applications (Clinical Documentation, Orders, Optime, Anesthesia, ASAP, Willow, Radiant.)under the direction of a Training Manager or Principal Trainer in the department of Health Informatics. You will conduct training sessions in the classroom as well as in practice. The trainer will be assigned application(s) and is responsible for achieving an in-depth understanding of the software, policies and procedures, and workflows for each application. You will also ensure alignment of all application training activities with cultural and clinical transformation objectives.
This position will represent the Health Informatics department at the hospital level as the initial point of contact. A pro-active stance to bring a favorable impression of Epic and the Health Informatics team is a paramount responsibility of this position. Attention to customer service is expected and the ability to explain, especially when decisions are contrary to that of the requester. Development of working relationships with hospital based partners to improve upon the Epic reputation will be an on-going expectation of this role
Your Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Certification as an Epic Credentialed Trainer is highly preferred.
- Healthcare experience highly preferred; clinical experience / license desired.
- Experience facilitating classroom and one-on-one learning in a clinical setting preferred.
- Strong “people skills” and effective presentation, communication and organization skills required.
- Must be able to train physicians and other users on Epic Systems applications.
- Previous Informatics experience and experience with training during Epic implementation preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft software (Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Word, Excel etc)
- Knowledge and experience with health care information systems. Preferred knowledge and skills:
- Healthcare Operations
- Information Technology
- Clinical Operations
- Medical Information
- Training experience in one or more of these modules highly preferred: Clinical Documentation, Orders, Optime, ASAP, Anesthesia, Radiant
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Schedules and provides Epic desktop and mobile apps training for onboarding and current providers and other Epic users.
- Continually assesses educational needs and provides additional training based on hospital rounding and results shared from Epic’s productivity reports.
- Collaborates with Training Manager and Principal trainers to conduct Epic’s usage efficiency(Thrive) training.
- Assists Principal Trainer in validating the training environment, developing training curriculum, training videos and testing workflows for various end user roles.
- Responds and troubleshoots end user Epic issues that are reported via electronic systems and software used by the department. Identifies opportunities for process improvement in support of Epic initiative.
- Responsible for keeping current with system changes and enhancements to ensure a thorough knowledge of the clinical information systems as they relate to both physicians and clinical staff.
- Meets routinely with site specific senior leaders to gather feedback and identify training priorities.
- Attends physician and other Epic end user group meetings as scheduled and follows up on issues brought up in those meetings.
- Escalates encountered situations to the responsible area/ supervisor, with detailed and accurate information, thereby contributing to the efficient operation of the Epic Project and consistent with the philosophy and goals of the organization.
- Actively participates in customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- May be called upon as a resource by other project teams or for providing on-call support, when scheduled, to all MHS hospital sites during non-business hours.
Methodist Health System is a highly revered, leading nonprofit healthcare organization in Dallas, Texas. Named on of the fastest-growing health systems in America by Modern Healthcare, Methodist will soon include 11 hospitals, either through ownership or affiliation. Our wholly owned and full-service hospitals include Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers; Methodist Richardson -- Campus for Continuing Care; and, opening fall 2020 Methodist Midlothian Medical Center. Our affiliated physician organization is Methodist Medical Group, which includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. At Methodist, we strive to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve -- one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we've earned:
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journal
- A 150 Great Places to Work in Health care nine years in a row by Becker's Hospital Review
- Military Friendly Employer
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Ranked No. 2 on DiversityInc's List of Top Hospitals and Health Systems in America, 2018
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist