Looking for a new career? Check out our latest job postings where you can join the CC Pace team and be in an environment where you’ll never get lost in the shuffle. Please click Submit Resume, once your resume has been submitted you can login to update your information at any time. Your resume submission will also give the CC Pace Recruiting Team the ability to contact you with new opportunities that are a great fit for your skillset!
Sr. Cloud Architect
- Job Title
- Sr. Cloud Architect
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Our direct client is seeking a Sr. Cloud Architect
• Ability to engage stakeholders, understand their needs, and then translate those needs into a minimum viable product.
• Ability to translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations.
• A collaborative, analytical thinker with outstanding written and oral communication skills and problem-solving capabilities, with high attention to detail.
• Detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent time management skills.
• Ability to work well within cross-functional teams composed of business and technical team members.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Proficient using Office 365, SharePoint Online, SharePoint, and Visio.
• Understanding of Federal Information Security regulations, standards, and practices such as the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
• Understanding of Information Privacy concepts and best practices.
• Understanding of Information Security and Compliance and Privacy concepts related to the handling of sensitive information.
• BSc/BA in computer science, economics, mathematics, or relevant field or equivalent experience required
At least ten years’ demonstrated experience in:
-Developing software according to software development lifecycles (SDLCs), including DevOps, Agile, Lean, Iterative, or Waterfall.
-Designing, deploying and migrating secure and maintainable systems for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) environments.
-DevOps, CI/CD pipelines, containers, and related best practices for cloud deployment.
-Service offerings in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
-Highly proficient in at least one high-level programming language such as Python, Ruby, or Go.
-Excellent understanding of and ability to evaluate new technologies for fit in current infrastructure architecture.
-Excellent understanding of cloud-based architectures, web servers, caching, application servers, load balancers, and storage.
-In-depth understanding of loose coupling, stateless systems, and best practices for designing cloud-ready applications.
-Excellent understanding of cloud federation technologies such as SAML, OAuth, and OpenID Connect and how to apply these technologies to enterprise and public-facing applications.
-Excellent understanding of cloud information security risks and best practices, especially in a highly secure operating environment
-Excellent understanding of cloud vendor cost structures and the ability to optimize solutions for cost-effectiveness.
-Experience transitioning legacy systems to cloud-ready architecture.
-Experience with route tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, IP, and OSI Network.
-Understanding of RESTful Web Services, XML, or JSON.
-Experience with government cloud deployments (FedRAMP, FISMA, high-security environments).
Are you looking for the next exciting project opportunity with a great company? Our professional recruiting staff at CC Pace is here to support you in every step of the process! We have been in business for nearly four decades and have deep roots in the Washington DC metro area. Our direct client relationships with companies in various industries and sizes help us find the right opportunity for our candidates.
We offer competitive rates, healthcare & dental, 401k, FSA, LTD, lots of voluntary benefits, and tons of discount perks. Our team is standing by, ready to help you get started today!
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
• Employer not providing work sponsorship currently
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. EEO IS THE LAW CCPace invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us.