Regional Technical Support Representative
- Job Title
- Regional Technical Support Representative
- Job ID
- San Diego, CA
- Other Location
As the Regional Technical Service Representative, you will be supporting multiple accounts within your designated regions by providing guidance, support, and technical expertise. You will be responsible for identifying, maintaining, and updating the necessary technical standards including firmware, drivers, and associated software and operating system updates, all to ensure that the client print infrastructure meets or exceeds manufacturer-recommended configuration and the optimized workflow of the end-users. Providing coverage to account-based teams and assisting in any new account set up and optimization within your region. As a valued resource traveling throughout various accounts and locations, you will be helping to identify ways to improve processes, optimize the use of print within our clients, and act as a subject matter expert for new teams to help with account setups.
- Creating and maintaining a comprehensive inventory of supporting technical software, drivers, and OS updates for the managed devices within your region.
- Translating user requirements into operational configurations of associated print equipment to support the business requirements of our clients.
- Performing assessments of client operational needs and implementing supporting architecture to meet or exceed needs.
- Responding to client reported issues and working collaboratively with the end-user and other IT professionals to identify, remedy, and prevent issues in the utilization of the client print infrastructure and process.
- Traveling to client sites across the country to assist our on-site teams with service delivery and assigned projects
- Preparing new client sites for “go-live” date.
- Shadowing and training of new team members to ensure best practices
- Facilitating device refresh activity based on comprehensive needs assessment, configuration, deployment, and training.
Additional support activities:
- Performing preventative maintenance, diagnosing issues, and repairing equipment
- Responsible for managing an assigned territory and client for MFPs and individual printers
- Updating and managing inventory, delivering supplies and equipment
- Creating and managing tickets through an internal database
- Managing the helpdesk queue and follow up
- Training and support with end-users
- Delivering exceptional customer service
- Toner sweeps, meter reads, collecting data, and updating internal systems
- Covering for leaves, sick, vacation, and other vacancies, as needed
- Working both independently and in a team environment to effectively deliver results
- Providing backup support to teams with 24:7 on-call responsibilities, as needed
Project Management Office (PMO) Support Responsibilities:
- Client Implementations
- Executing Mapping, Tagging and Meter read collection (MTM) processes and entering data into the system
- Training and onboarding technical staff at new accounts – must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of operational consistency and best practices (OCBP) to help with execution and train new hires
- Technical resource for service delivery during “go-live” period
- Preparing data for Project Management Office (PMO) reports & communication
- Device Refresh
- Device assessment, programming, and installation of devices, software, and operating systems to meet needs
- Coordinating vendors, clients, and internal resources to execute business strategies and deliver services within deadlines
- Add on Services/special projects
- Technical resource for additional services, as requested by the client
- Updating databases and processes to maintain accurate PMO reports and systems
- Operational Consistency and Best Practices (OCBP)
- Technical training support
- Subject matter expert in policies and procedures
- Assisting with account audits and updating sites
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years of experience repairing printers, certifications are a plus
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Desire to work independently with strong time management skills
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
Plus if you have:
- Experience in a similar role where you have been responsible for setting up new sites/accounts
- Ability to prioritize and work in an environment with competing deadlines
- Prior experience in a managed print service industry and familiar with device reduction initiatives
- Experience in managing drivers, firmware, and OS updates through a mature ITIL based patch management program.
- Prior experience in a training role working closely with new hires
- Able to accurately provide data and communicate clearly across various departments and clients
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time locally and nationally
- Working in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines
- Requires travel throughout hospital complete and grounds, both walking and driving
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, work at floor level and walk long distances
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors.
- Occasional exposure to variations in temperature, noise, mechanical, electrical, fume/odor, chemical, toxic waste, and wet hazard
Various immunizations and/or medical testing may be required as a condition of employment for any positions that work on-site regularly in a hospital or medical setting