Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
- Job Title
- CREDENTIALING COORDINATOR
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Other Location
METHODIST HEALTH SYSTEM
DALLAS, TX, 75265-5999
Full-time · Day · 8 am - 5 pm
Req # 20059169
The Credentialing Coordinator Utilizes knowledge of credentialing/re-credentialing principles, NCQA Standards, legal principles of credentialing, credentialing and managed care terminology, and management of credentialing information in the review of practitioners credentialing/re-credentialing applications. Utilizes computer and data organizational skills to support the credentialing functions of DMPN and to populate and maintain the DMPN credentialing. Responsible for data integrity, accuracy, and consistency of practitioners' information in DMPN's database.
Your Job Requirements:
- Some college or college degree preferred but not required.
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Medical Staff Coordinator (CMSC) preferred but not required.
- Experience in using Windows and various software applications including databases, Excel spreadsheets, and graphics.
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in computer skills using Microsoft Office.
- Experience in scanning documents into a personal computer. Multitasking skills.
- Work Experience: 3-4 years experience
- Responsible for tracking and obtaining current expiable for practitioners.
- Responsible for Medicare and Medicaid enrollment for employed practitioners.
- Demonstrates knowledge of DMPN's Credentialing Plan and Guidelines; ongoing monitoring; credentialing standards for NCQA and TDI including Texas Administrative Codes pertaining to credentialing.
- Inputs credentialing data and maintains the accuracy and completeness of the fields in the DMPN database.
- Responsible for gathering DMPN credentialing/recredentialing documents and information; performs primary verification of credentialing information; reviews and analyzes the documentation for completeness and consistency; follows up on applications that are incomplete. Prepares completed files for review and approval by the DMPN Credentialing Committee and/or Chairman.
- Responsible for setting up electronic credentialing file for each practitioner and scanning and/or filing hard copies of credentialing documents into practitioners electronic or hard copy files.
- Responsible for completing and maintaining accurate and current information in employed practitioners' CAQH profiles.
Methodist Health System is a highly revered, leading nonprofit healthcare organization in Dallas, Texas. Named on of the fastest-growing health systems in America by Modern Healthcare, Methodist will soon include 11 hospitals, either through ownership or affiliation. Our wholly owned and full-service hospitals include Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers; Methodist Richardson -- Campus for Continuing Care; and, opening fall 2020 Methodist Midlothian Medical Center. Our affiliated physician organization is Methodist Medical Group, which includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. At Methodist, we strive to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve -- one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we've earned:
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journal
- A 150 Great Places to Work in Health care nine years in a row by Becker's Hospital Review
- Military Friendly Employer
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Ranked No. 2 on DiversityInc's List of Top Hospitals and Health Systems in America, 2018
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist