Careers at RxSense
Our culture is more than a set of values, principles and promises. It’s the dynamic embodiment of who we are, where we’ve been and where we’re headed tomorrow.
Financial Analyst, Pharmaceutical Trade Relations
- Job Title
- Financial Analyst, Pharmaceutical Trade Relations
- Job ID
- Boston, MA 02110
- Other Location
Financial Analyst, Pharmaceutical Trade Relations
RxSense is a Boston-based health technology company offering powerful technology solutions built to make prescription drugs more affordable for all. We operate two business units – Enterprise Platform Solutions, which provides turnkey technology services to employers, health plans and others who wish to administer pharmacy benefits, and Direct to Consumer (DTC), which offers cash pay prescription benefits to people under the consumer brand SingleCare.
Incorporated in 2014, RxSense is one of the fastest growing companies in New England. We are privately held and proud to have been recognized by Fast Company as one of 2020’s Most Innovative Companies, and by Forbes as a 2020 Best Startup Employer. Our CEO and Founder, Rick Bates, was named the EY New England Entrepreneur of the Year award winner in 2018.
The Financial Analyst, Pharmaceutical Trade Relations will report to the Manager of Pharmaceutical Trade Relations and be responsible for supporting all rebate operations including but not limited to:
· data submission governance
· rebate yield underwriting
· trade revenue financial projections and calculations for RxSense and our clients
· cash flow monitoring
· tracking vendor performance against projections
In addition to the responsibilities above, the successful candidate will ideally have prior knowledge in the PBM and/or rebate space, have good technical skills, be independently driven, and have a strong focus on efficiency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Support quality checks for submitting data files on a monthly cadence to rebate vendors.
· Utilize rebate underwriting model to provide rebate guarantees to new and existing clients.
· Generate external client rebate estimates, payment remittance, and annual reconciliation reporting as needed.
· Data entry into the rebate cash flow tracking system as needed for all rebate financials.
· Measure rebate revenue estimates against receipts, explore key drivers of under or over performance, audit inbound reports from vendors, and effectively communicate any findings to our team.
· Peer review and quality check analyses, financial models, and additional rebate related work.
· Collaborate with finance and accounting to be well aligned on all rebate financials.
· Ad hoc analysis as required.
· Support rebate revenue and client obligation estimates as needed.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
· Accepts criticism and feedback; adapts to changes in the work environment.
· Exhibits good listening and comprehension; Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; Keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
· Applies feedback to improve performance. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Achieves established goals. Completes work in timely manner. Meets productivity standards. Strives to increase productivity. Works quickly
· Asks for help when needed; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Undertakes self-development activities; Volunteers readily
Education &/ or Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; one or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Read, analyze, and interpret business, professional, technical, or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and the public.
· Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Proficient or advanced skills in Excel; SQL, Tableau and Qlik a plus but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
· Ability to sit for long periods of time and walk short distances.
· Travel required is less than 10%.