Looking for a new career? Check out our latest job postings where you can join the CC Pace team and be in an environment where you’ll never get lost in the shuffle. Please click Submit Resume, once your resume has been submitted you can login to update your information at any time. Your resume submission will also give the CC Pace Recruiting Team the ability to contact you with new opportunities that are a great fit for your skillset!
Sr. Cloud Architect
- Job Title
- Sr. Cloud Architect
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Working closely with senior infrastructure engineers, and economic subject matter experts, the Senior Cloud Architect is responsible for leading the creation of a technology framework and providing technical expertise in support of the R&S division initiatives in cloud computing and automation, with a focus on the design of systems and services that run on cloud platforms. The Senior Cloud Architect reports to the Infrastructure Group Manager of the Automation and Research Computing section. The Senior Cloud Architect will be responsible for ensuring that critical applications are designed and optimized for accessibility, resiliency, and disaster recovery.
General Areas of Responsibility
Cloud Architecture and Design and Development
• Demonstrate knowledge of multi-cloud architectures and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability, server and serverless designs, data event sourcing)
• Demonstrate knowledge of DevSecOps toolchains and processes
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for R&S cloud end-to-end user to a service architecture, including multiple cloud providers, network access, provisioning, and management
• Develop a library of deployable and documented architectures and design alternatives to serve as the baseline for the R&S cloud portfolio utilizing SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS offerings
• Maintain overall industry knowledge on the latest trends, technology, etc.
• Contribute to DevSecOps development activities and complex development tasks
• Define and build optimal solutions for resiliency and disaster recovery for applications and services
• Assist in scope definition and requirements analysis
• Develop functional design alternatives
• Drive application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment
• Ensure that solutions satisfy functional/non-functional requirements and performance metrics
• Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of remediations or escalation to service owners
• Ensure delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed; work in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manage scope and risk
• Provide thought leadership in industry and to fellow team members across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements
• Provide forward-thinking advice around where the organization is going and how technology can support current efforts and future workloads
• Advocate and define IT architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
• Act as the coach and mentor to team members and technical staff on their assigned project tasks
• Develop a cohesive team and ensure their continued success
• Lead the definition and development of cloud reference architecture and management systems
• Conduct product work reviews with team members
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems engineering or a related study, or equivalent experience
§ At least ten years demonstrated experience in one, or a combination of the following of which 4 must be cloud-centric:
• Developing software according to software development lifecycles (SDLCs), including DevSecOps, Agile, Lean, Iterative, or Waterfall
• Designing, deploying, and migrating secure and maintainable systems for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) environments
• DevSecOps, CI/CD pipelines, containers, and related best practices for cloud deployment
• Service offerings in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, or other Public Cloud provider
§ At least 5 years designing and building automated solutions for computing elasticity using cloud, virtualization, or service automation technologies, including server and serverless architectures
§ 10 + years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including systems architecture, network management, application development, middleware, data science or operations
§ Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or closely related subject; an advanced degree is preferred
§ Strong leadership and team-building skills, and must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals
§ Experience creating frameworks and policy for the cloud:
• Fiscal Tracking/Chargeback
§ ITIL Certification
Are you looking for the next exciting project opportunity with a great company? Our professional recruiting staff at CC Pace is here to support you in every step of the process! We have been in business for nearly four decades and have deep roots in the Washington DC metro area. Our direct client relationships with companies in a variety of industries and sizes help us to find the right opportunity for our candidates.
We offer competitive rates, healthcare & dental, 401k, FSA, LTD, lots of voluntary benefits and tons of discount perks. Our team is standing by, ready to help you get started today!
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
• Employer not providing work sponsorship currently
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. EEO IS THE LAW CCPace invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us.