Regulatory Compliance Specialist
- Job Title
- Regulatory Compliance Specialist
- Job ID
- Las Vegas, NV 89135
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates, supporting the NNSS Protective Force Security (PFS) contract, is in search of a Contractor Assurance Specialist, supporting the Mission Assurance organization. This position reports to the Quality Assurance Manager. (SOC, LLC is the Protective Force prime contractor for the Department of Energy (DOE)/National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA).) The 1,360-square mile Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) is an experimental testing facility and training ground supporting a variety of nuclear nonproliferation and advanced-technology missions vital to national security. NNSS contributes to the safety, reliability, and security of the nuclear weapons stockpile through scientific experiments supporting the science-based Stockpile Stewardship Program. While frequent visits to the NNSS will be required, the primary place of performance is North Las Vegas, NV.
This position is required to analyze compliance requirements and standards and facilitate the implementation of policies and procedures for continued compliance. Responsible for maintaining compliance with on-site regulations and DOE Directives, and the Code of Federal Regulations. This position also tracks the status of company documents and supports the review process and online database system.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain regulatory requirement tracking system to demonstrate compliance with DOE Directives and other contract requirements.
- Review documents, records, forms, and other related documents to ensure technical accuracy and compliance with DOE Directives
- Documents program performance.
- Keep current and up to date on status of revised, new, and rescinded DOE, NNSA and NFO orders and standards and communicate changes with management staff, as needed.
- Coordinate with appropriate subject matter experts, directors, and managers for cohesiveness and applicability of each company procedure, program document, and policy.
- Perform technical writing review of all documents for grammar and spelling errors, and ensure that syntax and style are uniform for all documents.
- Administer and provide technical support for the document management program (iCon).
- Maintain a database tracking system for the status of all company documents, their relationship with contract-required DOE orders, their current SME, and review schedule.
- Verify that each document meets DOE federal directives, delegations, and other contract requirements through the development and implementation of the Requirements Management System.
- Planning travel for L&A employees and ordering office supplies as needed.
- Act as PAAA screening coordinator
- Act as Risk Management Coordinator, which entails running risk reports in ARM and finalizing Risk Review Board Meeting minutes quarterly
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- BA or BS in related field from an accredited college/university or equivalent combination of academic training and experience
- Minimum 4 years of compliance experience
- Experience in a Department of Energy environment, preferred
- A background in implementing mechanisms and document management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge Federal, State, Local laws/regulations, Code of Federal Regulations, and site regulations/requirements.
- Must possess strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to provide oversight on compliance standards and requirements and interact and coordinate with multiple organizations, including federal counterparts
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Must be a U.S. citizen
L&A is a woman-owned and operated small business with 30 years of experience providing technical, management, analytical and other support to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) complex and sites, including many of the National Laboratories. We specialize in providing long-term and quick turnaround support in:
- Mission Assurance – an optimized and integrated suite of systems, tools and processes that ensure compliance, enhance performance, reduce costs and increase efficiency,
- Project Delivery – including a wide range of capabilities directly related to tailoring the implementation of DOE Order 413.3B,
- Operations Support – providing expert advice and resources to strengthen high hazard operations, and
- Business Strategy – to underpin effective operations.