Investigative Journalist/ Research Analyst
- Job Title
- Investigative Journalist/ Research Analyst
- Job ID
- Columbia, SC 29201
- Other Location
- Dallas, Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte, DC Metro
Job Summary:Land Intelligence, Inc. is seeking an experienced Investigative Reporter to join our team.
We are focused on the land development and commercial real estate industry.
The ideal candidate will have a proven reputation as a trusted investigative journalist and will be known for digging deep to uncover the truth. They will have experience in delivering strong enterprise stories. This individual is ambitious and a creative storyteller with the ability to authentically engage and connect with our audience across all platforms.
- Responsible for investigating important and complex community issues by developing valuable sources and using the latest investigative tools, including data journalism, to expose problems and find solutions
- Be tenacious in uncovering stories to develop exclusive and compelling investigative reports
- Expected to develop investigative story lines for daily coverage as well as working investigative angles during big breaking news stories
- Source and generate leads in an effort to create original and impactful short term and long term content
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
- Fluent in Social Media with the proven ability to create a strong social media presence and leverage social media to generate stories and gather viewer input
- Showcase dynamic organization skills in order to juggle daily and long-term investigative projects in one of the nation’s top markets
- Prior experience as an investigative reporter
- Prior experience of range, from liquor boards and zoning hearings, to high level press events.
- Exceptional reporting, writing and interviewing skills
- Ability and willingness to use the latest technology and production techniques to shoot, write, edit and publish content under deadline
- Ability to uncover stories through investigation and research
- A collaborative self-starter
- Successful in creating and maintaining reliable contact relationships
- Prior experience as an investigative reporter within a local TV station strongly preferred
- On-camera experience working in a major market
- Strong organizational, research and journalism skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Broadcasting or related field or equivalent work experience