Senior Software Architect
- Job Title
- Senior Software Architect
- Job ID
- Ft. Washington, MD
- Other Location
Ft. Washington, MD
Clearance Needed: TS/SCI
Supporting the DoD
Seeking a Software Architect with working experience on multiple software development efforts, planning, coding, evaluating and testing software solutions for the government or private industry. The ideal candidate will have the ability to evaluate code, script proof of concept solutions, draft development standards for junior development teams, provide oversight and advise clients on their software development projects. In addition, the candidate will serve as the lead voice for the customer in software testing and evaluation to ensure multiple, complex development efforts effectively support DoD cyber operations.
Our Software Architect will serve as our trusted advisor on the integration of multiple enterprise-level software development efforts, including but not limited to attribution management, user authentication, virtual systems, operational coordination, data flow and operational infrastructures. In addition, will be responsible for helping drive customer decision making as they evaluate vendors, solutions, and long-term programs. Must demonstrate proficiency with industry standards to include Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN), thus ensuring they can effectively review, coordinate, and communicate system and software architecture designs with other contractors.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assess the software development plans of contract performers and help design technical solutions with other SMEs to meet the operational needs of the user community.
- Identify and address challenges, and work with SMEs from a variety of backgrounds to find solutions that consider OPSEC requirements.
- Help drive the development of quality code through practices consistent with the Built-In-Quality philosophy of the Scaled Agile Framework for the Enterprise (SAFe).
- Conduct requirements decomposition/refinement, system and software modeling, and design architectures and interfaces to ensure integration/compatibility across the many projects in the client’s portfolio.
- Participate in SAFe ceremonies and technical exchange meetings (TEMs) with other development teams.
- Guide teams under their purview to develop and refine features, certify that releases related to the modification and/or enhancement of a platform or systems software architecture satisfy intended objectives.
- Provide informed advocacy, writing, and teamwork with other cyber operations SMEs to help think beyond normal boundaries, to push what is possible.
- Experience in work roles as a software developer, test engineer and/or development Scrum Master managing a software development effort.
- Proven experience developing in multiple paradigms, across multiple compiled and interpreted languages such as C, C++, Java, and Python.
- Experience debugging software.
- Experience with network sockets programming.
- Experience with multithreaded programming concepts.
- Experience with Windows or *nix application development.
- Experience creating and briefing technical presentations.
- Strong familiarity with JIRA and Confluence and related tools.
- Understanding of network architecture and the interactions software with network components.
- Understanding of writing unit tests, automated testing and integration and have a basic understanding of code path analysis to ensure proper execution of developed and/or delivered software (highly desired).
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work with technical and non-technical leaders.
- BS/MS Degree in a technical field like; Software Development, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or software Engineering
- Minimum 7 years’ experience (5 with a master’s degree) in roles working with, or in the government in cyberspace operations, analysis, defense or development (Public or Private roles)
- Understanding of cyber operations processes within the DoD and/or Intelligence Community (IC) (highly desired)
Our customer is the leading voice in DoD operational cyber development, delivering significant capabilities for the US Air Force and USCYBERCOM.