- Job Title
- Test Engineer
- Job ID
- Vista, CA
- Other Location
Come work as a Test Engineer at a growing company that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished business leaders … Become a part of our team!
Get to Know Us
Flux Power develops advanced lithium-ion batteries for industrial uses. Flux Power solutions utilize its proprietary battery management system (BMS) and in-house engineering and product design. Flux Power batteries deliver improved performance, extended cycle life and lower total cost of ownership than legacy lead acid solutions. Flux Power sells primarily to equipment OEMs, their dealers and battery distributors. Current products include advanced battery packs for motive power in forklift equipment, stationary power for solar storage, and airport ground support markets.
About the Role
The Test Engineer will thoroughly inspect the products before they are launched. The Test Engineer will work closely with the Production team to understand why we are building a product and what the specific requirements are for that product. The Test Engineer will run a series of tests through all stages of production to identify potential malfunctions and recommend improvements. Ultimately, the Test Engineer will ensure our final products meet our safety and quality standards.
What you Will be Doing
• Gather product requirements (e.g. functionalities, speed, safety standards)
• Analyze the product features to design test methods and parameters.
• To write test plans and create test cases for the product including, but not limited, to process charts and paperwork, recording documents and processes.
• Troubleshooting any errors and streamlining the testing procedures
• Monitor all production stages to ensure safety procedures are followed
• Run quality controls on components and final products
• Develop test environments and test cases for all mechanical and electrical systems
• Analyze test results, detect issues, and track root causes
• Suggest fixes and improvements
• Document technical issues and solutions
• Build automated testing systems for regular checks
• Ensure our products and procedures meet industry standards ISO 9001:2018
• Additional duties as assigned
What you Will Need
• BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or relevant field
• 3+ years previous experience as a Test Engineer or similar role preferred
• Familiarity with various testing techniques
• Hands-on experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS)
• Knowledge of quality standards and regulations
• Great troubleshooting skills; analytical mindset
• Additional certification in Quality Assurance is a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What Can We Offer You for All Your Hard Work?
• Medical, dental and vision insurance options
• 401K Plan with company match
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Remote interview process
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Temperature screenings
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Virtual meetings
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place We are committed to a safe, drug-free workplace by performing pre-employment background checks and substance testing.
• No recruiters, contractors, or consultants, please.
• No relocation assistance or visa sponsorships available for this position.