- Job Title
- Grant Writer
- Job ID
- San Jose, CA 95126
- Other Location
- San Francisco Bay Area
Come work for a growing Company that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside a group of passionate people. If you have a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness, we would like to meet you!
At Downtown Streets Team we strive to end homelessness by enabling un-housed individuals to restore their dignity and rebuild their lives. Our model was also recognized as one of only five Evidence Based Best Practices in California in 2018.
Downtown Streets is committed to creating and working in a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are fully focused on equality, multiculturalism and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are seeking a self-motivated Grant Writer, who is a creative thinker with strong written communication and time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines. With proven experience proactively and independently identify funding opportunities and developing compelling proposals that are successfully funded. This job may also included other fund development opportunities when available.
The ideal work location for this job would be in our San Francisco office or our Headquarters in San Jose. There may be some flexibility to work in one of our other community based offices, if space permits.
Required Skill and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, English, professional writing or related field and 3+ years or 5+years related experience identifying funding opportunities, developing successfully funded proposals, and preferably grants management.
- Excellent grammar and strong research skills
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and lifting (up to 25 lbs.)
- Using personal computer, keyboard, mouse and monitor
- Observation and problem solving; hearing, seeing, reasoning and decision making
- Basic mathematical ability
- Moderate noise associated with an open office work environment.
- $60,000 - $70,000 annual salary, depending on experience
- Opportunities for growth
- Competitive benefits package including a 401k match of 6% after one year
- Flexible schedule
- Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
- Unique culture and passionate coworkers