Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
- Job Title
- Cardiovascular Tech
- Job ID
- Richardson, TX 75082
- Other Location
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Assists in teaching and orientation of students and new staff.
- Assists physician as a monitor tech during any procedure performed in the cath lab by interpreting basic and advanced dysrhythmia and EKG’s and operating physiologic recorder, and interpreting normal and abnormal pressures and wave forms.
- Assists physician with most procedures as a scrub tech and operates imaging equipment under direction of physician.
- Assists physician with some diagnostic procedures as a circulator by monitoring patient status during a procedure, handing supplies to the scrub tech, and operating imaging equipment under the direction of the physician.
- Assists with transport of patient to and from department.
- Cleans and stocks cath lab.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and dosages used.
- Demonstrates theoretical knowledge of procedures.
- Orders supplies for cath lab and demonstrates effective inventory control.
- Post procedure safety removes arterial and/or venous sheath, maintains hemostasis, and monitors patient status.
- Prepares lab for procedure by setting up for procedure and maintaining sterile technique.
- Prepares patient for procedure by shaving and prepping patient and marking arterial pulses.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems.
Methodist Richardson Medical Center is a 284-bed, full-service hospital that serves Richardson, Garland, Plano, and the surrounding areas in Dallas and Collin counties. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence, it was the first healthcare facility to earn the Texas Award for Performance Excellence, patterned after the renowned Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. We also provide care at Methodist Richardson Medical Center – Campus for Continuing Care, which offers a behavioral health and addiction recovery unit, inpatient rehabilitation and long-term acute care, a full-service emergency department, and more. Methodist Richardson strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
- Magnet®-designated hospital
- First in the nation to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Pancreatic/Hepatic/Biliary Cancer Certification
- ANCC Pathway to Excellence® Program
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association
- American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center Gold Plus, 2019
- Certified Quality Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- Robotic da Vinci® Surgical System for minimally invasive procedures
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist